3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: a personal invitation to attend ATAR and meet Hope & Faith  (Read 3929 times)

Offline VA Robinhood

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: a personal invitation to attend ATAR and meet Hope & Faith
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2008, 11:35:00 AM »
Well I am not so sure that new bow will out do my BW yet, but I should find out next week when my new one arrives.  It maybe hard, I can't put my BW down long enough to shot any other bow.  My compound is collecting nothing but dust.

Offline sswv

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2008, 11:42:00 AM »
hey Brent!  you are in trouble now.  ya know why??? you just told Killdeer "bill me". you have any idea where she's gonna be performing her magic?? ATAR of all places. to a traditional person that's like being a kid in a candy store. now everytime she sees something new 'UP GOES THE BILL'. LOL

wouldn't it be just awesome if someone won the West Virginia State Wingshooting Championship shooting one of the ladies?

Offline Brent Rudolph

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2008, 01:01:00 PM »
That would be cool. Drive up the price for the St. Jude's 2009 auction. More money for the kids.

VA Robinhood, you are asking a lot to out do a Widow. Top notch bows, great company with a wonderful history. You got yourself a fine bow there my friend. I personally never try to "go up against" other companies. I just enjoy what I do, enjoy building bows for hunters and sportsman. That is the reason there are so many fine bows from so many great bowyers. There are so many different in taste, shooting forms, hunting conditions and situations. I am a static recurve guy, that is my thing. It has a place in the industry. There are others that are building great statics. RER, Sovereign, 'Ol Bears.....the list goes on. I got my favorites too, but I think you ought to get a few or so in your hands and experience the wonderful differences each bow and bowyer have to offer. I shoot a ton of other bows every chance I get.

Yeah I might have screwed myself on the "bill me" thing with Killee. But you know, I couldn't help myself. I just love to read her posts. I aint smart enough to know what she says most of the time, but it sure sounds pretty.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2008, 02:04:00 PM »
Ah Brent, there's gotta be some aerial competition. I couldn't stand not getting another crack at it. The law of averages says that it's time for me to be in the thick of it again. As a vendor, it's one of the things I could do with out being away to long.

For moving targets I like a bow that is lightweight and preferably a few pounds heavier then my target bow. A good strong self bow works well. Wouldn't it be wonderful Danny if someone won the aerial shoot with one of the ladies?

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2008, 03:40:00 PM »
Killdeer Mitty, hair floating in the soft July breeze, steps to the line. A hush falls over the crowd and her hapless competitor blanches. The first disk is launched. Languidly nocking a flu-flu, Killy sweeps the bow skyward while drawing the fletch to the corner of her determined mouth. Her fingers leave the string in their travel rearward, and the perfectly launched arrow streaks to the very center of the whirling disk.
POK!
The wounded target tumbles to the greensward like a stricken dove, the falconlike arrow sticking tight in their mingled descent. Disk after disk sails into the deep blue skies above the awestruck throng. Their astonished praises cannot be held back, but they are respectfully hushed. "She's a machine!" they gasp. But to watch the fluidity of her movements, the grace, the style, one could only conclude that this is a divine dance, and no machine could reproduce the nuances displayed here.

Poketapocketapocketa....the disks fall like beads from a Mardi Gras float.

The Sheepeater rests easily in her hand, her quiver is emptied with never a miss. A smile escapes through her eyes and plays reservedly about her lips, and the bowyer will be paying and paying and paying...

Doctor Killdeer    :biglaugh:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2008, 04:32:00 PM »
... nd Walter Mitty's direct desendant, no less. Will the miracle revelations of my dear friend, mild mannered (Super) Killie never cease?

Not as long as there are those among us that need mental and pysical (i.e. shooting) healing by proxy.

:notworthy:
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Brent Rudolph

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2008, 07:51:00 PM »
DANG!!!!! Didn't I tell you. Pretty! Still don't have a clue what she just said.

Killee.........worth every penny.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2008, 09:09:00 PM »
(Permit me for younger members, "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" - an old Danny Kaye movie in which he played the master Daydreamer and in every daydream the, "Kapockatapockata...," sound kicked them off and ended them.) Killie has a memory like a "Ef-a-lant", and a knack for turning her memories into delicious, relevant tales.) Is it any wonder I enjoy conversing with her so much?

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2008, 09:22:00 AM »
Maybe one of the many vendors there will be selling James Thurber books.  :D  
Bless you Bernie for getting my jokes! You talk like a cowboy sometimes, but are delightfully culturally literate!

Reckon I'll be moseying off now...
Killdeer  :archer:

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline sswv

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2008, 05:58:00 PM »
hey Don!   Hope or Faith winning the wing shooting would be great. the way that bunch from NC shoot I'm sure one of ya'll could pull off a win using one of the ladies.

maybe we can talk Bernie and/or Killdeer into taking a bunch of pictures of the ladies while they're here. they are both pretty handy with a camera.

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2008, 05:59:00 PM »
LOL

(Singing, badly, he rides off into the sunset, "My heros have always been cowboys, and still are it seems .......")

No problems on the pics with either Killie or I, I'm sure, Danny - she's good, I'm lucky - sometimes -   :rolleyes:

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline sswv

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2008, 10:14:00 AM »
thanks Bernie!  I know ya'll do a waaay better job than me with the camera.

Offline sswv

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2008, 06:30:00 PM »
hey ya'll (Killdeer & Bernie)! I'd be glad to get a shot of the two of you holding the ladies at full draw but, one of you will have to be lefthanded for a minute.

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2008, 06:50:00 PM »
Bernie, are YOU a switch hitter?  :saywhat:

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Talondale

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2008, 10:02:00 AM »
I love Walter Mitty!  I love Danny Kaye!  I'll be at ATAR, God willing.  Got my campsite reserved and camp gear catalogued.

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2008, 11:26:00 AM »
Be a pleasure to meet you, Talondale (Uh-oh, I hope I haven't already met you - geeze, that get's soooo embarrassing!)

Killie, I can  hold  a left handed Bow - I can even draw one (about half way) if it ain't over 45# or so, and somebody reminds which is my right ... left ... whichever hand. Not a real switch-hitter though (you snarky little, thing you -    ;)  )

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2008, 11:40:00 AM »
I may be able to pull it once or twice. Just stills, now, no shaky videos!

Chuck missed ATAR las year, wanted ta polish apples or get ejamakated or some such tripe. What site do ya have, Chuckster?

Killdeer  :campfire:

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Online Jack Denbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2008, 11:46:00 AM »
I sure wish I could attend again this year but my wife is dragging me, kicking and screaming, to a high faluten wedding. I sure had fun last year, I will miss seeing everyone.
Jack
PBS Associate member
TGMM Family of the Bow
Life is good in the mountains

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2008, 11:52:00 AM »
Who the heck gets married THIS time of year?
I should save this to cut and paste into threads in the fall, too.

Killdeer  "[dntthnk]"

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline DeerSpotter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2008, 11:56:00 AM »
13,860 weddings per yr in the twin cities area, thats who !

Carl
--------------------------
 Heb.13:5-6

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©