3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Arrows for beginner  (Read 268 times)

Offline pitbulls20

• Trad Bowhunter
Arrows for beginner
« on: June 13, 2008, 02:58:00 PM »
I did a search but didn't seem to find what I was looking for. When I get my bow I will need some arrows but there are so many choices I didn't know what would be right or wrong. I plan to talk to Vince (Mohawk Bows) monday to see about ordering my bow so I don't know any exact details yet on pull length, draw weight, etc.

I will be just target shooting while I learn so what is good for plinking around in the back yard at a target? Wood, aluminum, carbon? I was thinking wood but what type if so? What kind of tips? If there a brand or store that I can but some already ready to be used?

Thanks for any help
Larry

Offline Michael Golden

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Arrows for beginner
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 03:18:00 PM »
If you are new I would use carbons, I learned that starting with woods and they didn't last long. Someone will answer all you question real soon. I would list the specs of your bow because that is the first thing they will ask.

Mike

Offline AllenR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 03:22:00 PM »
The Behman ICS Bowhunter shafts are pretty good and quite durable.  They are also very cheap for carbon arrows.  If you lose a few, which you almost certainly will, it won't break the bank.

They are not the straightest arrows available, but they are pretty good for the money.

They are available in several different spines.  Vince will be able to help you with that.

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 03:25:00 PM »
Lots of good sponcers here can set you up with some wood arrows.  There are many opinions as far as what type of arrow to use.  The bow maker should be able to help you out with spine and such for the draw weight and length you get.  Wood arrows are not as durable as aluminum or carbon but if you are not worried about that then I say shoot wood.  I like to shoot wood but that is up to each one of us what equipment we use.
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©