3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Classic Bowhunting finally on-line...  (Read 2442 times)

Offline Mark Baker

• Trad Bowhunter
Classic Bowhunting finally on-line...
« on: February 19, 2007, 10:55:00 AM »
...although we are still under construction with the site, I instructed our website designer to put it up as-is for you guys to check out, and to see what's happening with us.  Remember that many features are still not up and running, like our merchant account stuff, and all that goes with it, but the bow order form works, and the info on the site is good to go.    

Keep checking in to see the new stuff and the changes as they become workable.   Sorry for the delays, and we hope you like the new site!

http://www.classicbowhunting.com/
My head is full of wanderlust, my quiver's full of hope.  I've got the urge to walk the prairie and chase the antelope! - Nimrod Neurosis

Offline Dano

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Classic Bowhunting finally on-line...
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 11:11:00 AM »
Great website Mark, user friendly, I like that. I really like this shot of you hard at work.
  http://www.classicbowhunting.com/?z=custombows&s=selfbows

How fitting, my ex-wife share's the name of a famous horse.  :bigsmyl:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" Red Green

Online Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 05:32:00 PM »
Will be keeping an eye on it Mark.  :thumbsup:
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline Tom Mussatto

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 05:36:00 PM »
Nice looking site Mark and, like Dano said, easy to move around in.

I was hoping to find a new CD available on the new site but.......hint, hint, hint.  :)
Tom Mussatto

Offline sar

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2007, 05:49:00 PM »
Once available, what will be the price and weight in grains of those damascus broadheads?

The Sheepeater spirit looks like a great bow.  Wonder how long it'll be before my wife lets me order another bow?!

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2007, 05:50:00 PM »
Dan-O....... I Think  ALL  Ex-Wives fit into  THAT  category, 'cause I got One Myself!!  :scared:    :rolleyes:    :archer:
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Offline Kevin Bahr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2007, 06:19:00 PM »
Great looking website, Mark and Brent.  I was checking it out last night at work (!?).  One of the pics in the photo section looks a might scary though...
Yes, I would be interested in how much the Damascus points will be.  Also, do you plan to have a take down longbow or recurve?  Just wondering, I had a guy ask me about that.

Offline MikeC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2007, 07:49:00 PM »
Site looks great!

I'm proud to have my bow in the website.  Left bow with the leather rest, highly recommand, on the Sheepeater page.

Mike
1 Corinthians 1:18

For the word of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us who are saved it is the power of God.

Offline NightHawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2007, 07:53:00 PM »
Nice site Mark!!!!! tell Brent I said hello and thanks for the info about sooth-on. Third weekend of July I'll be close to your place might slip up your way to see your shop if'n you guys don't mind  :bigsmyl:
1) Gen. 21:20
And God was with the lad, he grew, and he dwelt in the wilderness, and he became an archer
2)The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Online swp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2007, 09:02:00 PM »
Nice site. Cool Sheepeater bow.
"People say you can't go back, its like when you get to the edge of a cliff and you take one more step forward or you do a 180 degree turn and take one more step forward. Which way are you going? Which one is progress?" Doug Tompkins

Offline Mark Baker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2007, 09:32:00 PM »
Thanks for checking it out, all.  Tom....soon as I get caught up getting this biz started, I'll start on the new CD.  I've already got a few songs done.

Dano and Bill...guess there's a bunch of them that fit that category.   Oh well, I still like the name for the bow!

Kevin...I've been meaning to get hold of you but I've been so dang busy, and will be for next 3 weeks.   I still have a couple skulls to send your way...and thanks, for the cool hat.   Boone had just taken mine, and I was thinking I needed a new hat like that when that one arrived!   You musta been reading my mind.

Those damascus points run from 125 grains or so upwards of 200 plus.  Those ones on my shafts in the pic are 200 or so.   Doug is'nt crazy about making them, as they take almost as much work as a knife blade...but he says he'll work with us.  Brent and I figure that when we need a break from grinding and glueing fiberglass, we'd head over to Dougs and make a bunch up with his help.  They will cost quite a bit, probably, compared to commercial heads, but the mojo and beauty of them is worth it, I think.  Like I say on the site, for "special" arrows!

Mike...been wondering how your bow and you are getting along?

Joe, come on over, we'll have the coffee on.

-Mark
My head is full of wanderlust, my quiver's full of hope.  I've got the urge to walk the prairie and chase the antelope! - Nimrod Neurosis

Offline MikeC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2007, 09:43:00 PM »
Mark...Were getting along just fine.

I tuned some Beman MFX Classics, Carbon Express CX and Gold Tip Trads to the bow and they all shoot just fine.  Fly like darts from 20 yards bareshaft no problem.

Love the grip!  I'll be showing it off come Spring at some of the local shoots.

Mike
1 Corinthians 1:18

For the word of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us who are saved it is the power of God.

Offline Pete W

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2007, 09:48:00 PM »
Looking darn good guys. Easy to navigate, and easy to read.
Well done.
 That flatbow is a sweetheart too !

Pete
Share your knowledge and ideas.

Online Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2007, 12:26:00 AM »
Those Damascus points really work, here are the results from the one (used the same arrow on both deer) I used in 2005.

The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Mark Baker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2007, 12:56:00 AM »
Yes they work, and they take a nice edge too.  There's several guys that have been lucky enough to get a few of Dougs points, here on tradgang.  Steve H has taken a number of critters also.  

Pete, we have been pleasantly suprised with the "Hellbitch", OK, I've said it, that we just this past couple weeks, have reached final status on.   It's a real shooter, hits where you look, no hand shock at all, and draws smoothly.  Everyone that shot it at the TBM banquet really liked it.

Offline Molson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2007, 01:47:00 AM »
Very nice!  Can't wait to see your longbows and recurves.
"The old ways will work in the future, but the new ways have never worked in the past."

Offline paleFace

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2007, 08:34:00 AM »
looking good! the home page is very nice and looks to be easy to navigate. will keep checking back, thanks Mark.....
>~Rob~>

"Dad, I need to sit down I'm shaking to bad" my 12 year old son the first time he shot at a deer with his bow.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _

Offline LazerRay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2007, 09:14:00 AM »
Good stuff
Contempt prior to investigation leads to everlasting ignorance!
William James

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2007, 09:35:00 AM »
Good looking site

Offline Brent Rudolph

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2007, 11:16:00 AM »
Mike, what did you come up with for final tuning on your Sheepeater? Brace and nock point? I told you that thing liked carbons! How is it for shootability, handshock, string noise, draw qualities, speed, and such?

Joe, you are welcomed to drop by the shop any time. Mark is right, the coffee is on most of the time, but it is bad!

Pete, still remember to get your Sheepeater to you, but the Hellbitch took up a bit of production time on the Sheepeaters. Mark and I will be in Kansas and Boise, ID over the next couple of weeks. Just to let you know the schedule we will be keeping will have a little effect on production time.

Guys, thanks for your feedback on the website. Keep checking us out for progress.

Brent
TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©