3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Tred Barta Shoots a Black Widow Recurve?  (Read 1394 times)

Offline amicus

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tred Barta Shoots a Black Widow Recurve?
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2008, 11:24:00 AM »
I like Tred. I would rather watch him on TV then any other hunting show. He shoots a longbow and hunts hard.

Im not in the TV biz, but I would guess that Sponsers and Producers are the ones that run the show. Just my 2 cents. Gilbert
The blessing of the Lord, it maketh rich and He addeth no sorrow with it. Prov 10;22

A sinner saved by Grace.

Offline bowless

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2008, 12:22:00 PM »
I like Tred and think he's pretty entertaining.
My only problem is I don't think guided hunts on private ranches is doing it "the hard way".
Isaiah 53:5  and with his stripes we are healed.

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2008, 12:53:00 PM »
well what about flinging arrows at mule deer does at 40 and 50 yards...as well as caribou...AFTER saying that he only took close in shots because that was the challenge?

Not sure he represents well...I think I'd rather see a compound guy who DOES IT THE HARD WAY, like Tom Nelson, than Tred.
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline crittergitter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2008, 01:06:00 PM »
Tred Barta  "[dntthnk]"
Quote from my son "Your Deer hunting just keeps screwing up our duck hunting!"

Offline Arwin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2008, 01:13:00 PM »
I have respect for him just for the plain fact that he shows everything. Not just a kill shot, but the parts of the hunt that most of us don't get to see on the tube.

I do wonder if he has to have a cork on his fork though, he's a little out there.

Sure beats seeing the 100's of other wheelie bow shows that are pretty much the same, just a different host.    :biglaugh:
Just one more step please!

Some dude with a stick and string chasing things.

Offline finger lakes bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2008, 01:19:00 PM »
I prefer to watch Fred Eichler, then Tred as well.  Tred needs to get over himself. I saw a show where he talks about what a great fly fisherman he is... he took out his fly rod and his cast was like a rusty back door.  It looked like he never fly casted before.

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2008, 02:31:00 PM »
I'll tell ya'll one thing, if I was fishing with him on his boat, Captain or no Captain, if he got on me like he gets on his "buddy" his butt would be swimming!
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline BMN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2008, 02:53:00 PM »
The woodland caribou show has to be the worst hunting show I've ever seen. I wanted to reach through the tv screen and wring his neck.   :mad:
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society
Prairie Traditional Archers
TGMM Family of the Bow

The most frightening thing you are likely to encounter in nature is yourself.

Offline Marty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2008, 03:14:00 PM »
Biggie will do it too! He made my wife take a swim 22 miles offshore one day, as we're pulling in fish all around her! Don't mess with the Bigster!

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2008, 04:34:00 PM »
Well at least Tred doesn't have sponsors pulling his strings like Mr. Eichler does. Easton this.....Muzzy that.....

Now don't get me wrong.....I like Tred, AND I like Fred!!!!!

The reason I don't like watching most hunting shows is I get tired of the "pounding" by the sponsors. I have been shooting the same equipment for years and have no use for the "newest","best","gotta have it","can't hunt without it" advertising that comes from the hosts and sponsors of most shows.

Watching Tred's show is "refreshing".
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline J-dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2008, 04:46:00 PM »
Never watched Tred but once so I am truly undecided, I did not like what I saw so I guess that is why I choose not to watch his show again. Might have to catch it again, reading some of the posts here.

Watch what you like, it is your TV! LOL

J
Always be stubborn.

Captain hindsight to the rescue!

Offline deadpool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2008, 06:12:00 PM »
tred is ok, I didnt like the hog episode cuz he need 2 dogs and a quide to be able to shank the porker, that was sad, I don't like how he brags about an unsuccesful hunt after his episodes ether, but yea he does have some funny skits

Offline Rooselk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2008, 06:59:00 PM »
I'd be surprised to learn that Barta now shoots a Black Widow. I know he used to shoot a longbow from Fox Archery. But when 3Rivers started selling a line of Barta longbows he made the switch and began to use them on his program. However, since I haven't seen his program in quite some time I really don't know what he's shooting these days.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters • Traditional Bowhunters of Montana • Montana Bowhunters Association

Offline stmpthmpr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2008, 07:47:00 PM »
I thought Tred was okay until I saw the yellowfin tuna fishing episode. Verbal abuse against his friend? like that just isnt acceptable. He's a pompous a$$.

I also didnt like the 40 to 50 yard shot at muley doe episode. The thing bolted and ran in front of his arrow... pure luck that he arrowed that deer. I'd like to see what was editted out of that footage... like how long and how far it had to be tracked and if it was dispatched and with what.

He's not what I would call a good ambassador for Trad hunting.

Offline Zbone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2008, 11:03:00 PM »
Rooselk - "older still photos", must have shot widow before longbows.

Offline Alex.B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2008, 11:19:00 PM »
Originally posted by Zbone:
Well, didn't have a lot of fun over on the LW, so thought I'd play here because I know how much some of you guys like a Black Widow and Tred Barta threads…8^)

Happened to catch a rerun of a Tred Barta show the other day where he was bowhunting turkeys in South Carolina. They showed an older still photos of him shooting a coon out of tree with a recurve while coonhunting with hounds at night. The 2 pictures weren’t that clear, but the recurve sure looked like a Black Widow or a widow copycat to me…8^)

Thought I’d share for those inquiring minds…8^)
don't know what you mean by LW, but I know this: stirring up dead end arguments about Barta's rank in the bowhunting hierarchy is corny as h... and is not what tradgang is about.     :knothead:
tgmm, tanj, compton, bha

Online highcountry

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2008, 12:51:00 AM »
I agree with Alex B. This is not the LW.  It would be nice if guys like Fred Asbell, Wensel boys would have a show, we would be proud of.

Offline GrayRhino

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2008, 03:11:00 AM »
Highcountry, now you're talkin'!
God  now commandeth all men everywhere to repent.  Acts 17:30

"All bowhunting trips are good,  some are just real good!"  Bill Baker

"We're all trophy hunters...until something else comes along."  Glenn St. Charles

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2008, 06:31:00 AM »
met Trad's old cameraman a few weeks back in hog camp. I won't repeat any of the stories cause they would all be second hand and since I don't know for sure where the truth stops and the exagerations might begin. Suffice to say that you Tred fans would be very disappointed if HALF of what was told were true...
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline Chris Surtees

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2008, 07:26:00 AM »
I believe Zbone obtained his desired results. I just do not understand these threads!!!   :knothead:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©