3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Did Your Skin-Eez Survive Hunting Season?  (Read 1359 times)

Offline J. Clabaugh

• Trad Bowhunter
Did Your Skin-Eez Survive Hunting Season?
« on: January 01, 2007, 01:53:00 PM »
For those of you who applied Skin-Eez prior to this season- Did it survive and still look good on your bows?

Offline Autumnarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Did Your Skin-Eez Survive Hunting Season?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2007, 01:58:00 PM »
Mine are still on, but faded where the string slides on the top limb from stringing the bow. I'll probably take 'em off when I get around to putting my new string on.
...stood alone on a montaintop, starin out at a great divide, I could go east, I could go West, it was all up to me to decide, just then I saw a young hawk flyin and my soul began to rise......

Offline adeeden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2007, 02:10:00 PM »
Mine held up very well for what I have put them through. The only place they faded were at the back of the handle (I applied them the whole lenght of the back). I hunted over 90 days with them and have had them on since mid-july. Overall I was impressed with them and plan to put on a new set for 2007. I hunted in the heat/cold and rain/snow and in a lot of thick stuff including a 10 day stretch in Colorado's dark timber where it rained everyday. I am positive they saved alot of scratches to my limbs.
"I would rather be lucky then good, any day!"

Offline shortstroke 91

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2007, 04:40:00 PM »
Do they wrap all the way around the bow or are they only wide enough for the back?
I've been looking into them for a while but couldn't find anyone around me who has used them.
Do they have any shine to them or are they more of a matte finish?
I'm leaning towards the banded water snake pattern.

Thanks for any info
shortstroke 91
TBOT Life Member

"BLOOD MAKES THE GRASS GROW"

Offline Adam Mooney

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2007, 05:40:00 PM »
Just like anything else if you use them alot and put certian things through more ware and tare than others those spots will ware down faster. These are not a permanent fix but more of a long term cosmetic make over. As for the shine, the first set we came out with did have a gloss finish but, now the are dulled 60% more now. These wraps are made for 1 side and do not wrap around the limb. You can get 2 sets and do both sides of the limb. I hope all the best to all of you for 2007.
Adam

Offline Pinelander

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2007, 07:28:00 PM »
A great product and a perfect way to avoid having limbs all scratched up (especially for those with eye-candy limbs, lol). Very attractive at a reasonable price. Easy to apply, stay on the limb with no lift, and very durable. I hunted with them all of November (nearly every day) and expereinced no fading whatsoever. I will be using them on all of my hunting bows from now on out.

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2007, 08:27:00 PM »
Adam, how about some Maine camo....BLACK FLIES lol. Alan

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©