3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: ****Trad Gang DVD - Release Form****  (Read 3939 times)

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
****Trad Gang DVD - Release Form****
« on: February 19, 2007, 11:46:00 AM »
OK Guys n Gals, we are going to attempt a member DVD of shorts that consists of hunts sent in by Trad Gang members.  

You hunt, you film, you send in.....and if your hunt can get past Tom Mussatto's editing table, then we'll add it to the Trad Gang DVD.  

We will also add some previous videos that have been submitted by Tradgangers....and the clips you submit can also be previous hunting tip scenarios of just how your hunt played out and why, 'how to' clips, game cleaning etc....

Please be advised....not all clips submitted are guaranteed to be included, and your clip might be edited if need be.

After we get what we think is enough for a good lengthy DVD, we'll offer it up for sale here on Trad Gang.

Tom Mussatto will be along shortly with the parameters.

TradGang DVD Release Form
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: ****Trad Gang DVD - Release Form****
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 12:01:00 PM »
Terry and Tom-  :thumbsup:    Great idea.

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Zbone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 12:17:00 PM »
hmmm...

Offline robtattoo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 12:23:00 PM »
Top class idea!

Are you gonna put a 'Final Entry' date on this?
"I came into this world, kicking, screaming & covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way"

PBS & TBT Member

>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline mmgrode

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2007, 12:24:00 PM »
Awesome idea Terry. Look forward to it coming out.
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."  Aristotle

Offline Zbone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2007, 12:26:00 PM »
That format to submit - DVD, VHS, VHSC, 8MM, etc., just one or any?

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2007, 12:27:00 PM »
Can't wait!!! - Great Idea!!!  My wife said she would film my turkey hunt in a month and a half, hope I can submit it.

Jake
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline Tom Mussatto

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2007, 12:49:00 PM »
First off, before sending in any video for this project please E-mail first to make sure what you have is something I can work with.

Most all consumer video formats are acceptable: VHS, VHS-C, SVHS, DVHS, Sony 8, Hi-8, Digital8, MiniDV. Due to high compression, digital cards and DVD are destination formats and not good aquisition formats. I prefer not to work with these as a great deal of quality is lost. Contact me prior to sending video taken with DVD cams or digital card cams. Video in a highly compressed codec for use on the internet or E-mail will not be used in order to maintain as high of quality as possible for the finished DVD.

The length of the finished product will depend on 2 things. The quality of the video submitted and the amount of video submitted.

Hopefully a release form will soon be available to download and print. This will give myself and TradGang non-exclusive rights to use the video. A signed copy of this form should accompany the video you send in.

For best quality, regardless of the format you have, the original video is preferred. If you do not wish to submit the original video a first generation copy dubbed in SP mode will work for analog, and a copy made through Firewire for digital video. I would only need your tape one day, and would return to you unaltered the day after I receive it.

Looking forward to seeing what you folks come up with. Questions about format or submitting instructions should be addressed to me. Questions about content should be directed to Terry.

[email protected]
Tom Mussatto

Offline Arrow4Christ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2007, 12:53:00 PM »
SWEET! This is an awesome idea. time to break out the old video camera  ;)

Offline gobbler10ga

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2007, 01:11:00 PM »
I ill try to get a turkey hunt
TEAM HILLBILLY

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2007, 02:22:00 PM »
We've thought about, chatted about, and kicked this about for a while now, ....and there's been a few threads started by members regarding this...so we are ready to take a stab at it.

I have no idea 'when' the DVD will be available for purchase......depends mostly on how much and how soon we get footage.  It may even take a year.

If anyone has a content question, feel free to post it here or email me directly at...

I was going 90mph as usual a bit ago, and meant to add stories told around a campfire would be a nice addition as well.

[email protected]
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Arwin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2007, 03:29:00 PM »
YES,YES, YES!!!!!!! FINALLY!! This is going to be super cool. I've been waiting to see this happen and I'll be glad to contribute anything I can.  :scared:
Just one more step please!

Some dude with a stick and string chasing things.

Offline V I Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2007, 03:53:00 PM »
Any chance of throwing some of the classic clips on there IE: Paul Schafer video clips?????
But be sure you live out the message and do not merely listen to it and so deceive yourself - James 1:22

Offline JL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2007, 03:56:00 PM »
Where's Ken Swann? He's got some big MD bucks on video to share,I'm sure bout that! Great idea there fellas!

Being traditionally minded as I am, can I get my copy in 8 track?   "[dntthnk]"  

JL
Practice like you are the worst, shoot like you are the best...

Offline KyleAllen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2007, 03:58:00 PM »
Got a question.... By submitting the video, are we signing over the rights to it? In other words, do i still own the rights to my footage even after submitting it? Those whose footage is used, get a free copy right? lol

Tom, are mini dv's from my XL2 a suitable format  ;)

Offline Tom Mussatto

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2007, 04:16:00 PM »
There might be some copyright issues in using the Shafer video clips. Paul's family owns the rights to these and it is my understanding that they do not wish for the videos to be distributed. Also, the quality when converted to a codec for use on a DVD would be terrible.

All the video presently posted on TradGang have been compressed for internet use and will not be suitable for making a quality DVD to be viewed full screen on TV. Those who submitted these video clips would have to resubmit them to me in original format if they wanted them included.

8 track????  :)   I assume you meant VHS. Copies can be made in VHS or SVHS but cost would be higher than a DVD and quality would be less. I have sold, traded, or mothballed my VHS duplication equipment and would have to make these one at a time, and they would not be retail ready items. Plain sleeve, no graphics or labels. And of course, no chapter or scene markers to allow instant access to specific videos on the disk.
Tom Mussatto

Offline Tom Mussatto

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2007, 04:23:00 PM »
Kyle, you would be assigning myself and TradGang non-exclusive rights (giving us a license) to use your video. You still own the rights and can continue to sell or distribute anyway you want. TradGang would have sole ownership and distribution rights only of the DVD it produces.

"Tom, are mini dv's from my XL2 a suitable format"

Not only suitable, but preferred. Much less work for me at my end. Hope to see some good stuff from you.

Free copies???? Need to talk with Terry on that one. I'm just the grunt man here.    :)
Tom Mussatto

Offline Tom Mussatto

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2007, 04:48:00 PM »
A couple more things. For those who have equipment capable of shooting 16:9 aspect ratio, such as Kyle with that XL2, please shoot 4:3. I can convert but you get into framing issues and some loss of quality converting in post.

Also, for those capable of shooting HD please shoot SD for this project. Current DVD standards are SD and downconverting HD to SD is more work and nothing is gained. If your product is going to be SD, as this one is, then it's best to shoot in SD.
Tom Mussatto

Offline buck-tamer00

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2007, 04:51:00 PM »
YES,YES, YES!!!!!!! FINALLY!! This is going to be super cool. I've been waiting to see this happen and I'll be glad to contribute anything I can
I belive kids are the future....unless we stop'em now!!!!!!!

elchen recurve bow 47lb @28"

Offline Seeking Trad Deer

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2007, 05:37:00 PM »
This is the best idea I have heard all day.  You made my day.  Now the only thing that could top this is if someone tells me Instinctive Archery is running again.  I'd love to buy the video and especially like the part about hunting tips, etc.  Marvelous idea guys!    :clapper:
The Lord is my Shepherd

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©