3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: ****Trad Gang DVD - Release Form****  (Read 3945 times)

Offline doctorbrady

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: ****Trad Gang DVD - Release Form****
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2007, 05:53:00 PM »
Hey guys,
You can count on a submission from me...deer, turkeys, African game...something.  Great idea.  Brady

Offline DTS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2007, 08:32:00 PM »
AWESOME...just what a new guy is looking for.  Hopefully a little instruction will be included. Can't get enough of the traditional archery.  Thanks  DT

Offline John3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2007, 08:39:00 PM »
Time frame?? When is the dead line for submitting video?

John III
"There is no excellence in Archery without great labor".  Maurice Thompson 1879

Professional Bowhunters Society--Regular Member
United Bowhunters of Missouri
Compton Life Member #333

Offline Meathook

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2007, 09:49:00 PM »
I am not an expert on copyright but with regard to the copyright issue I do think it would be wise to have people sign off on any submissions used in the DVD so that there is no question about ownership.
"Go ahead and run ya gotta sleep sometime." - Meathook's Mom

Offline Tom Mussatto

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2007, 09:53:00 PM »
John, I don't believe there is a dead line. I haven't talked with Terry about a time limit but it's my understanding that I'll just edit and author the DVD when I have enough video to fill a disk. Depending on the quality of the video that comes in and how much compression I have to use this could be from 1 to 2 hours total run time. If we use 10 to 15 minutes of each submission this would be about 6 to 10 entries. If we get more than that we could use them in future projects if they are popular enough to warrant continuing. This would be Terry's call. If we get less than that I would think it would demonstrate not enough interest or support to make the DVD.

The ball's really in you guys court. How soon the DVD is made, or if it is made at all, depends on how much input we get.
Tom Mussatto

Offline Gordy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2007, 10:07:00 PM »
Great idea. I love browsing through the members' videos but don't really care for the small format.

Will be great to see on the big screen !

Editing is great fun, but it can suck up a ton of your time...as you know Tom, so thanks for undertaking this project !

Looking forward to the results....I wish I could have bagged that bear we had on video last year now ! Way too dark for general entertainment though.

BTW - It would be a great problem to have if you had too much video submitted. As a video junky I don't think you'd have a problem selling the tradgang on a 2 or 3 disk set either......if yer up for it  ;)
In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2007, 07:36:00 AM »
Kyle,

What Tom said.  We do not want to own your footage, we want permission/rights to use your video in a Trad Gang DVD.  

No deadline will be set........either we get enough or we don't, and when we get enough we'll roll....and if we keep getting submissions, we'll make another...and another.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline UKarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2007, 08:46:00 AM »
Oh boy! I knew there was a reason for keeping my old VHS camera. I can see it now, my name up in lights, a week in Cannes promoting the DVD, surrounded by 'beautiful people'. Now, if i can just get our government to let me go bowhunting....darn it, I'll just wait and buy the DVD you guys produce. Tom and Terry, this is a great undertaking you guys have taken on, and it is much appreciated.
Graham

Offline wifishkiller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2007, 12:27:00 PM »
Sweet!!!  I plan on filming my season.  Every thing from scouting in the summer for deer elk and antelope to keeping the hounds in shape to the fall when the arrows are flying   :bigsmyl:

Offline bowdude

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2007, 03:33:00 PM »
I would think you would want to give a free copy to those that donate the clips, otherwise you wouldn't of had them. Just good business.
 I have one I could send in.  In would need editing as from start to finish is 14 minutes, much of the time unfortunately the deer is off camera.  I was alone and had it set up on the tree.

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2007, 04:14:00 PM »
Great idea. Hope you are able to identify the hunters throughout the video. That would make it real special.

Offline BowsnLabs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2007, 06:54:00 PM »
Bowhunter Magazine used to put out a video series of various hunts and they would release them in Volumes 1, Volume 2, Volume 3, etc...

It would be nice (assuming sales can support it) for this to be an ongoing project with a new volume released when enough footage is collected to do so.  I can also see this being a big motivator for those who do not currently video hunts to begin doing so.

I think it's a great idea and we SHOULD have enough TG members to support such an effort!

Offline Trad Man 25

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2007, 07:14:00 PM »
Sounds like an awsome idea, cant wait, might have to get the camra out my self , just got to shoot some thing when i have the camra turned on,

Offline Tom Mussatto

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2007, 09:27:00 AM »
I hope folks don’t feel they have to have “kill shots” to submit footage for this DVD. I don’t think Terry and Rob are looking to put out a video of simply a series of kill shots. There are plenty of those already out there and would not be a true representation of the bowhunting experience.

This will hopefully be a video of TradGang members hunting, which includes all aspects of the hunt. Scouting, stalking, shooting, campfire talk, dressing game, preparing equipment, footage of the areas you hunt, mid-day stump shooting, etc.

If you already have footage please send it in. If not, get those cams out there and get busy. This will only happen if folks participate.
Tom Mussatto

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2007, 09:12:00 AM »
We've got a commitment from a story teller to tell one around a campfire or through photos......might have a rabbit cleaning session.....and a little shooting.

We also would love to have hunting scenario tips....and would love to have some quick how to's, .....footage of guys in camp shooting as a group.....sharpening heads....eating etc.

And if you do get a kill shot on film, we'd love for you to describe the set up and how it all came together.

Have fun guys!
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2007, 09:39:00 AM »
Terry, what is shoting?

I have some footage of Ronnie "Cuz" Strickland in his underwear????????
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline keith brimmer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2007, 10:10:00 AM »
terry or tom iv got some shaky video of a huge piebald from acouple years ago.can that be corrected?i dont know if the quality is good enough

Offline LoneWolf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2007, 11:31:00 AM »
anyone know where i can get batteries for a VHS cam?  got an old one that would be fun to help out with, but the battery last about 10 minutes fully charged.  Sounds like a great idea, hope to have a collection of these one day
LoneWolf
"Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;" Gen 27:3

Offline Tom Mussatto

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2007, 11:40:00 AM »
Keith, it depends on how bad the jitters are on the video. I can smooth it out but it requires losing data to do so. It's a trade off between shake and resolution, lessening the one lessens the other. Won't know if it's useable until we look at it.

Thomas, check with B&H for batteries on older model cams.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?

Biggie, I got a note that you had sent a PM. There was no PM when I logged in but I did respond via E-mail. Having some problems receiving PM's, I probably have something set wrong.
Tom Mussatto

Offline keith brimmer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2007, 10:23:00 AM »
tom ill get my son to help me get something together this weekend

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©