3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Lyme Disease Vaccine  (Read 543 times)

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
Re: Lyme Disease Vaccine
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2008, 10:30:00 AM »
Originally posted by Jeremy:
I have to respectfully disagree with Rob on this.  The longer the bugs are in your body the greater the chance of getting the long term complications.

The vast majority of cases caught early and treated with antibiotics have no long term symptoms and are normally cleared up with just a week or two of an oral antibiotic.  I'm not a fan of taking drugs either, but there are a few instances where it's a very good idea, and Lyme disease is one of them!

A misdiagnosis or something else that delays treatment is where you really start to have problems.  Letting the bugs multiply, go through their life cycle and progress into later stages of the disease is nearly certain to give you some long lasting and potentially very serious symptoms.
Just what made you think that I'm not in favor of getting immediate help?  Did you not read my posts?

The business of deciding what to do about sore joints is your business.  It could be tendinitis.  It could be other ailments besides Lyme. Or it could be Lyme.

There are no Western medicine tests that are proof positive for Lymes disease.    

You wanna use antibiotics, go right ahead.  No thanx for me, I learned my lesson, I'd rather go with an herbal supplement cure from the get-go and not strain an already strained system.  Here in the US, we're WAY too antibiotic happy, and the docs and pharmas are all too easy to dispense this crap for all the wrong reasons.

You think you might have Lyme?  You've got sore joints that don't respond well to anti inflammatory drugs?  See a Natureopath and get a Vega reading.

Hopefully, we can all make wise decisions.  I didn't at first ..... lesson learned the hard way.
IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2008, 02:03:00 PM »
Originally posted by Rob DiStefano:
it takes longer to kill the bugs but it's safer and the more natural way to affect your body and system
Rob, anything that prolongs the bacterial infection increases the risk of long-lasting complications dramatically.  The BEST way to clear up a bacterial infection is with antibiotics.

It sounds like you had a misdiagnosis (tendonitis in your above post) that delayed treatment by 6 months.  By that time your body may well have already fought off the initial infection.  The problem though is that is FAR beyond the time when it should have been treated and you ended up getting some of the lingering effects of the disease.

Natural cures have their place.  Lord knows a bunch of drugs have been isolated from Nature and there will be more to come.  My problem with them currently is that people regard them as 'safe' because they're 'natural' when few people have done the work to see what exactly is in them and what else they do to your body.  You'd be surprised how many of the natural 'cures' screw up some other system in your body while 'curing' you.
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2008, 02:09:00 PM »
Originally posted by Jeremy:

Originally posted by Rob DiStefano:
it takes longer to kill the bugs but it's safer and the more natural way to affect your body and system
[/b]
And your point is ... ?
IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2008, 02:15:00 PM »
Sorry, hit the wrong button before typing in my response  :)
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©