3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Elk hunt in Lincoln county Nevada  (Read 237 times)

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
Elk hunt in Lincoln county Nevada
« on: June 21, 2008, 02:58:00 AM »
I all ready checked the state web site, but would like some info from people who have hunted the area. Will be hunting in southern lincoln county nevada in Nov. I hear the density of Elk is low, but there are big bulls to be had. What can be expected, terrain, weather etc. Thanks for any info.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Elk hunt in Lincoln county Nevada
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 10:35:00 PM »
Lincoln is not my normal spot.  Generally Nevada is dry.  In Nov you could get anything-snow, rain, dust.  Most of the Elk are above 5000 feet-as is most of the state so, coming from the East, you will need to remember to drink fluids all day-even if you don't feel thirsty.  Open country-best to have great glass and good boots.  Once you get on the elk, the hiking begins.  hills have some vegetation and it thickens to conifer forests in some areas.  Water courses can have aspens whcih can be too thick to walk in.  I have seen giant bulls down in Ely (north a ways from Lincoln)and you can expect to see deer but no goats down that way.  You might see sheep.  Lions are pretty common but you just don't see them-just tracks. Nov sounds like a rifle hunt as most of our bow hunts are early, but you can use a bow in rifle seasons.  My son has a rifle cow tag in Ely in our normal spot.  Weather is jsut plain unpredicatble so you need to be prepared fro nayhting from shirt sleeves to full woolens.  Two days laater it can change again. If it were an area I hunted I'd have given you mounain ranges and drainages, sorry
Cast a long shadow-you may provide shade to someone who needs it.  Semper Fi

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 11:48:00 PM »
Thanks for the info. I'm really asking for my Dad. Since I'm always raving about how cool tradgang is for info, he asked me to check.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 10:32:00 PM »
Rifle or bow?  I will ask my contacts tos ee if anyone has a drainage to get you started.  this place does not give out tags like back east.  My daughter was in area 16 last year and we saw only 5 other people.  The other thing is we have gang hunting here-one guy gets a tag and 5 others join him to scout, glass and draag.  So you can see a gaggle and only have one tag for the group.  Last year we had 6 peole in vehicles and only two tags.  i had 5 on my last elk hunt and I had the only tag.  Mesage: don't get discouraged by seeing lots of peole.
Cast a long shadow-you may provide shade to someone who needs it.  Semper Fi

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©