3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: first try at the wood  (Read 261 times)

Offline beaver#1

• Trad Bowhunter
first try at the wood
« on: July 02, 2008, 03:52:00 PM »
well i finally decided to try making some wood arrows.  so i pick up some cheap-o dowels at the hobby strore to practice on.  any tips,  tricks, or suggestions will be welcome.  ive always wanted to shoot wood arrows  but sense i am so rough on things i was afraid that i would tear too many up.  soo here  it goes
have i not commanded you? be strong and of good courage;be not afraid or discouraged:for the Lord your God is with you where ever you go. joshua 1:9

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: first try at the wood
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 04:16:00 PM »
hey beaver can ya get hold of rivercane? if ya can that would be a great start as those little suckers are awesome for arrows tough little buggers to  :thumbsup:   and cheap did i say cheap... more like free
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 05:47:00 PM »
Good idea on the materials for practice. When you are ready to make some better arrows I would contact someone like Ted at raptorarchery.com for advice and materials.
ALSO THERE ARE TUTORIALS(sorry)on this site and elsewhere on the Internet that are very helpful.
Keep at it you will love it!

Offline beaver#1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 06:02:00 PM »
the only kind of cane we have here is what we call swicth cane,, is that the same stuff?
have i not commanded you? be strong and of good courage;be not afraid or discouraged:for the Lord your God is with you where ever you go. joshua 1:9

Offline beaver#1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 06:07:00 PM »
the only bad thing about try wood is that i have to get all the tools like, tapering tool, new points, and broadheads

Offline BOWBENDERPA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 06:08:00 PM »
Look at the Wapiti Archery (formerly Rogue River)Website - click on "Arrow Making 101".  Gateway also has a few good tips on feathers at their webpage.

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 06:22:00 PM »
i dont know about swicth cane.
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline beaver#1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2008, 06:42:00 PM »
i think its the same thing.  i looked at some build a longs, and it looks the same ,,  how do you put nocks and points on those.

Offline George Tsoukalas

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2008, 10:48:00 PM »
There's some arrow stuff on my site. Watch for grain run out on those dowels. Jawge
 http://mysite.verizon.net/georgeandjoni/

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©