3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Chek-Mate flatbows etc.  (Read 1069 times)

Offline Red Dwarf

• Trad Bowhunter
Chek-Mate flatbows etc.
« on: January 01, 2007, 03:10:00 PM »
I am thinking of getting my first professionally built bow (have only been shooting my own board-bows until now). I am on a budget and a Chek-Mate is high on my list.
Can someone please educate me on the main differences in feel and performance between their longbows, flatbows and re-curves?

Do any of you guys shoot one of their flatbows, and what do you think?

Thanks
Red Dwarf

Offline manyletters

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Chek-Mate flatbows etc.
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2007, 06:52:00 PM »
Martyn...Marc has a favorite, I have a favorite and somebody else has another favorite!!

I have a Longhorn, a Thunderbird and a Crusader!! They all shoot great but again it is personal preference.

Check your pm's!!

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Chek-Mate flatbows etc.
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 11:41:00 AM »
The Crusader longbow is my favorite, but the Thunderbird is similar--maybe a tad slower than the Crusader, and obviously available in shorter lengths.  The Longhorn might be a tad faster than the Crusader, but not quite as forgiving as it or the T-bird due to the reflexed riser--it's going to be more sensitive to form errors, especially torque.  All three draw super smooth, and with proper tuning very quiet and very low hand shock.

If the flatbows were made in a 64" or 66", I might pick one of them instead of the Crusader--but I like a little longer bow for my 30.5" draw length.

Chad

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©