3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Pennsylvania Osage  (Read 161 times)

Offline RAU

• Trad Bowhunter
Pennsylvania Osage
« on: July 02, 2008, 08:41:00 PM »
Hi guys. I live in North East Pennsylvania, Exeter to be exact which is about 8 miles north of Wilkes-Barre. Im looking for some Osage to cut. As far as I know theres none near me. I work for PennDOT and was working in the Harrisburg area for a couple years and know theres some down there, especially around adams and franklin counties. I also know where theres some really nice big straight trees along a railroad in Lebabon County but they obviously cant be cut. Anyone on here able to point me in the right direction as to where i might find some to cut. Im not afraid to spend a whole day driving,finding some trees, locating a landowner, hopefully getting permission, then cutting a few. I wont ask anyone to give me directions to their private stash or anything like that but maybe a general area to begin my search. I heard theres a bunch out west near Pittsburg, and theres also some in and around center County and I would even consider driving that far If I had specifics and could come home with enough staves to be worthwhile. Any help from you Pennsylvania guys would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Don

Offline Oliverstacy

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Pennsylvania Osage
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 01:21:00 AM »
Too bad you don't live closer to me...I'd let ya cut one down.  Took these photo's the other day, a lot of tall one's in one of your fencerows.

Josh
Custom Flemish Strings by Oliverstacy!  
Kanati 60" 57@29"
AP Cumberland 66" 58@29"
WhisperStik KajikaStik 56" Recurve with Canebrakes...57@28"
WhisperStik KajikaStik aka "Wormy" RC & LB,both 55@29"
Martin Savannah 50@28"
Kota Kill-um 55@28"

Offline shikari

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Pennsylvania Osage
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 01:29:00 PM »
I live in Northeast Ohio,ashtabula and trumbull county border,I have seen some osage trees around here and a lot in a small place about 25 miles from here called w.farmington,the amish lumber mill owners often cut them down,I am looking for some for myself aswell, if I come across any that i can cut down i will let you know.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©