3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Single Bevel Simmons Interceptor  (Read 269 times)

Offline DW

• Trad Bowhunter
Single Bevel Simmons Interceptor
« on: July 04, 2008, 12:50:00 AM »
What do Yall think?????? I know Chris (Landshark160) has taken some animals with one of these so maybe he'll chime in.. I'm not completely sold on single bevels mainly because I prefer 3 or 4 blades but this thing looks cool......
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline TaterHill Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Single Bevel Simmons Interceptor
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 02:43:00 AM »
Looks great.  Where'd you get it?
Jeff

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you."  Benjamin Franklin

Offline Landshark160

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Single Bevel Simmons Interceptor
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008, 09:04:00 AM »
Don, I killed 3 deer and a hog with those this past season, but I never did hit a shoulder blade.  That is about the only thing I worry about not shooting through to begin with.  What I did seem to notice, and it could be imagining it, was I seemed to be getting less penetration than normal on soft tissue hits.  The first deer was broadside at 10 yards.  I normally stick it in the dirt on the other side on those shots, but the arrow only penetrated up to the fletching.  That kinda had me concerned.  I usually get pass throughs on 75% of my shots, but I failed to get a pass through on any of the 4 critters I shot with the single bevel.  Not saying it doesn't work, I just don't think it works well with this blade profile.  I've since gone back to the double bevel version.

If you haven't read it, Dr. Ashby has a good write up about it in his last report.  I believe it starts around page 22.

http://www.tradgang.com/ashby/2007update5.pdf
Chris
>>>>--------------->

The benefits of a big broadhead are most evident when things go wrong. - CTS

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©