3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: We lost Bill Metcalfe  (Read 485 times)

Offline 2-BIG

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: We lost Bill Metcalfe
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2008, 08:20:00 PM »
Very sorry for the loss of a traditional brother. Prayers sent to his family and friends.
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Shaun

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2008, 10:11:00 PM »
A natural born teacher and full of knowledge, enthusiasm and fun about flint knapping and traditional ways. There was always a crowd around him at MOJam and he was a generous man with his time. I will miss him there and am sure his name will be mentioned a lot around the campfires in less than two weeks as we gather for that event. Hope they have lots of bandaides in the Happy Hunting Ground - chips will be flying.

Offline Dawn Patrol

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2008, 10:40:00 PM »
Sorry to hear this...he is the only man I know who could whittle a bow with a machette.  He had a lot of knowledge and was always will to share it.

Posted by Countrygirl on Tom's sign in.
I put the "stink" in instinctive archery!

Offline Dano

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2008, 11:04:00 PM »
Hi ya Dina and Tom!!
"he is the only man I know who could whittle a bow with a machette" And he could do it in 90 minutes  :saywhat:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" Red Green

Offline skeaterbait

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2008, 08:49:00 AM »
My first encounter with Bill was my first MOJAM, even though he was in the middle of a tutuorial with about a half a dozen, or so, people around him, when I walked up and started to watch he stopped what he was doing right then and there to reach out his hand and introduce himself to me. He was a fine man indeed, I pray that God blesses him richly even now.
Skeater who?

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2008, 08:54:00 AM »
Prayers for his friends and family. My hope is the knowledge that he passed on to others will continue to "make it's way down the line." To those who learned from him, make it your memorial to him to teach others what he showed you. Quite the legacy to leave behind, as much as a man could hope for.
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Seeking Trad Deer

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2008, 12:38:00 PM »
God's blessings...rest in peace good man.    :notworthy:    :pray:
The Lord is my Shepherd

Offline Paul/KS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2008, 02:39:00 PM »
He was a good man and will be missed ...
Those of us who have had the honor of knowing him must remember to pass on what he shared with us about our sport...

Offline Ralph Renfro

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2008, 10:24:00 PM »
Bill was  the real deal. Anyone that could take a stave and a machette and turn out a shootable bow in 30 minutes, has to have one's admiration. Prayers for Bill's Family from Kansas!
Building Bows Is Only Half The Fun, The Other Half Is Passing That Knowledge On!

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2008, 07:46:00 AM »
Like Hill Boy, I never met the chap, but reading this shows the depth of his character and his wealth of knowledge.

Sounds like he was the type person to want those he tutored in his arts, to "pass it forward."

Prayers for the family...
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©