3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Apology to Dryad  (Read 380 times)

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
Apology to Dryad
« on: July 08, 2008, 05:56:00 PM »
Last year my wife and I attended the 1st Bowyer's Journal Expo. I got my first chance to shoot Zipper Bows and the Dryad Bushwacker. We then attended the Compton's Rendevous and my wife bought me a Zipper T/D recurve that was discount priced. It shot great and Bill and Tracy Dunn were as nice as could be. Then my wonderful wife told me to order a Bushwacker from Wingnut and Jason.
If you don't know about Bushwackers thay are all natural bows, no glass. Tonkin Bamboo back, osage & bloodwood riser(mine) amd Watusi horn belly. They are not cut to center. They are smooth and beautiful. In fact they fit with the Zipper motto, "Life is to short to shoot an ugly bow."
Anyway, by the time the Bushwacker was delivered in Nov. last year I had already killed 2 does and fallen in love with my Zipper T/D. I wasn't even much excited other then how great it looked.
I finally got to shooting it and I had all kinds of problems. Fletch cutting my hand, poor flight, groups the size of my backstop. Not happy. I put it up for sale or trade.
Fortunately, no one made me a decent offer. After my last trade offer I got off my butt and got to work. I found out my brace and nock point were WAY off! My arrows were overspined for this bow. By playing/working with it I can shoot this bow well now. It really is a great bow.
I tried to compare apples to oranges. The Bushwacker is not a centershot t/d recurve, but it is a beautiful,accurate, hunting bow that I am proud to own.
I barely said Hi to Mike and Jason at Compton's this year. I want to apologize and tell you "Thanks for the care and workmanship you put into my bow".
Sorry this took so long but I wanted to get it done. Almost time to grab the bows and get out to the backyard. Oh, yeah, I bought another Zipper T/D at Compton's this year, but it is sharing the range with the Bushwacker.
Mike Gerard  owlbait
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline Mike Yancey

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Apology to Dryad
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 06:11:00 PM »
I think that the Bushwacker is the best of its kind. I shot one this year for the first time and was very impressed.I think that the one I shot was likley the best looking bow I have ever seen.I hope to have one laying over a dead antelope before to long.

Mike

Offline T-Mac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 08:18:00 PM »
I love my Bushwacker and have shot them since the first prototype. I have been lucky enough to pig hunt with Mike and Jason a couple of times and shot the prototype there. I could not say enough good things about the way mine shoots, "had to have one as soon as I shot the first one", but you also can't say enough good thing about Mike and Jason. They will go out of their way to help you feel comfortable shooting one of their bows if there is any way possible. All you have to do is call and talk and they will begin to help you out right then. I have a couple Dryad bows and have one of Jasons new glass bow on order and can't wait to get it in my hands. Dryad bows are great and Mike and Jason are the real deal as good people goes. Glad to call them friends!
Slow down and enjoy life.  It's not only the scenery you
miss by going too fast - you also miss the sense of where
you are going and why.
-   Eddie Cantor

Offline Dano

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 08:50:00 PM »
Ya'all forgot to mention the backbone of Dryad Bows, Connie of course, she can build a killer bow, and put up with the boys.  :biglaugh:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" Red Green

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 09:03:00 PM »
I should've called and talked to them. When I saw Jason making the Orion T/D I even made a half-hearted attempt to get Mike to let me trade my Bushwacker in on one. I was in that funk where a new bow would solve the problem, it couldn't be MY fault. Glad now that Mike didn't take me too seriously!

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 07:49:00 AM »
I shot the Bushmaster at Ohio this year for the first time. I was quiet surprised how well it shot. Everything was right with it and  Mike had already broken it in. It was smooth, fast, quite, and accurate. These, plus the great looks, makes it a keeper to me. I had the chance to buy it but waited. (Had my wife with me.) By the time I was ready to buy, he had sold the bow. Now it's on my list of things that I should have done.

Offline Dannon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 08:07:00 AM »
You dont know how bad I wanted that bow. It is a beautiful bow.
Good luck with it.
Dannon

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2008, 08:39:00 AM »
Mike,

No apology needed!  Stuff happens and not all bows are for everyone.  I'm glad you gave her a second chance and that you made up.  It's a dandy bow for sure.  

Have fun with it and shoot a deer this fall.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline brent d.

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2008, 01:55:00 PM »
If you think you like the bushwhacker but have a really long draw check out this one. I LOVE my hornbellied soothsayer. I dont think that there is a quieter hunting bow anywhere and it shoots my 650+ hunting arrows at 175 fps.66",52@28, drawn to 31". I no longer have the bow on the right, but you would have to kill me to get that soothsayer.

thanks a bunch Mike. this bow is one in a million. this is a group shot from my sitting chair in my workshop. 22 yds...

TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2008, 03:42:00 PM »
Mike (wingnut) & Jason, I will have my Bushwacker first up for this hunting season. I promise to send my successful picture with my smiling face. The one similar to the one I had when I ordered my Bushwacker. Keep up the great bow building.
Mike Gerard owlbait

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2008, 07:45:00 AM »
Mike,

That's cool!!  Good Luck with it and I hope the pic is with a monster 10 pt.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©