3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Longbow shooter/ Please Compare these bows...  (Read 207 times)

Offline PastorSteveHill

• Trad Bowhunter
Longbow shooter/ Please Compare these bows...
« on: July 09, 2008, 12:02:00 AM »
Liberty English/ The only D Bow I've shot and really like it.

Dwyer Original Longbow

Mowhawk D Longbow

Could any of you compare or make comments about these bows. HOw are they similar/ different.

Thanks
Blessings,
Steve

Offline Molson

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Longbow shooter/ Please Compare these bows...
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 08:51:00 AM »
Can't say about the others, but I like D bows, and I love everything about my Mohawk!
"The old ways will work in the future, but the new ways have never worked in the past."

Offline joeare

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 02:31:00 PM »
I owned a Liberty English Elite and still own a Classic Dwyer. Both bowyers understand their job the handcrafting is excellent. While the Dwyer is one of the most bautiful longbows (especially the tips and the different riser arch designs) the English is more simple but one of the best straight limb bows. It has thinner and lighter limbs than the Dwyer what results in less "handshock" and higher speed. If I now would have to choose only one of them I would order a 68" English Elite with tiger stripe myrtle veneers and bamboo limb core.

Offline HATCHCHASER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 05:04:00 PM »
I haven't shot a liberty, but I own a Mohawk.  I like everything about it and it is the quietest bow I have shot to date.  Not to mention, I have dealt with quite a few bowyers and Vince is at the top of the heap.  I don't think you would go wrong either way, but I know for a fact the Mohawk is a keeper...  :thumbsup:
It's not the arrival, it's the journey.

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 05:42:00 PM »
I'll give another vote for Mohawk's! But Pastor Steve you said it yourself "The Liberty English is the only D Style Longbow that I shot and really like " .....  So... isn't your mind made up? If it's not  give Vince a call see if he has a try before you buy bow around. I'll bet if he does and you shoot it a while you'll be mailing him a Check or M.O.!!!! ! Vince is a true gentleman . He loves making bows and he makes a great one.

Offline WidowEater

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 09:49:00 PM »
Once I started shooting my Liberty, also an English Elite, I decided to sell all my other bows.
Silence over speed.  Heavier arrows never hurt.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©