3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bowfit exerciser  (Read 333 times)

Offline Benha

• Trad Bowhunter
Bowfit exerciser
« on: July 10, 2008, 09:57:00 PM »
Has anybody used one of these? Would like to build up to heavier draw weights.

Offline DBerrard

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bowfit exerciser
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 10:14:00 PM »
They're alright. I'd recommend getting the heavy weight bowfit if ya get one. I have the medium weight and it seems a bit light..could be my short DL though but sure doesn't feel like the #50 it claims. I do loop the band through twice to make more resistance and still seems a tad bit lighter than #50.

I tell ya though, I find myself using two dumb bells a lot more than the bowfit. Work the same back muscles but I feel more "burn" in my back from mock drawing while holding dumb bells.

Regards,
  Dave
David

~Kanati Klassic~ 50@26"

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 12:04:00 AM »
I have the heavy model and use it all the time for lots of different forms of pulling weight, not just for building up my ability to draw a bow. I think it is great and has really helped me in many ways. In fact, I take it with me on every trip out of town so I can keep my strength up. I also bought a Safari model that I intend to build up to, but I have not used that one yet. I would recommend the heavy model just as DBerrard did. He would like his Bowfit better if he had the heavy. He sure won't be hauling his dumb bells around on trips out of town.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline mrkbsm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 04:04:00 PM »
I have the medium and the heavy.  The medium does work to start on (assuming you aren't already shooting really heavy bows), but by the time I bought the 'heavy' I was using medium completely looped around for double the resistance.  The heavy I currently use half-wrapped around so it pulls pretty good.  
If you want to upgrade, you can order replacement bands to save yourself a few bucks... just get a replacement band that is the next step up.  
Like amar911 mentioned, they're good for a number of exercises, if you are creative enough.  I use the medium weight now for diagonal pulls to help strengthen a few of the other shoulder muscles and ligaments.  And they're good for warming up before hunting or shooting.  
I'd say go for it.

Offline Deadsmple

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 04:18:00 PM »
I bought the heavy model years ago and it is still working good. I like the convenience of it. I bring it to work all the time and use it whenever possible. It's obviously a product you don't want exposed to the hot sun for long periods of time like most rubber type products, so don't leave it in a hot car this summer. Also remember to draw with both hands, you will see quicker gains in your overall strength that way.
All praise is the Lords

"to get to heaven, turn right and stay straight"

Offline Arrow Slinga

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 05:17:00 PM »
I have one and used it for years and love it, I use it all the time. I think it really helps alot other than just shooting alone. It helps you build up to your bow weight and by switching from right to left keeps your muscles in balance, avoiding neck and trap soreness. I also like to keep one in the truck with me to warm up those muscles in the morning so I am ready on stand.

Offline Benha

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2008, 09:27:00 AM »
Thanks.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©