3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Cork Screw/ ala Asbell  (Read 262 times)

Offline PastorSteveHill

• Trad Bowhunter
Cork Screw/ ala Asbell
« on: July 11, 2008, 11:47:00 AM »
Last year in one of the TBM articles, Mr. Adbell showed how to remedy  hand tension while pulling the string ( June / July 2007 / pg. 42).

In short, for a right handed shooter, Mr. Asbell said turning or canting the bow string hand (right hand) a little would release the tension in the hand and help arrow flight...

Here is my question. Again for a right handed shooter.   If I am canting my bow to the right and my string hand to the left, isn't this inducing torque or a cork screw type effect on the string and ultimately the arrow?

I may be missing something, because I shoot 3 Under and not split.
Blessings,
Steve

Online Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
Re: Cork Screw/ ala Asbell
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 12:24:00 PM »
It depends on which part of your string hand you're moving to the left.  If you lower your drawing arm elbow, it will lower the lower part of your hand making it turn into your face more.  That complements more bow cant to the right.

Offline Davie C.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 01:47:00 PM »
I think he means to let the string fall on your fingers in a slanted way, so there is actually less tension. Think about it like you index finger is in a deep hook, the middle finger is right at about the first knuckle, and the ring finger is on the tip.

I actually used to shoot like that before I even heard that it was good. I don't know why I switched... I might try it again.

Offline KY..Rob

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 07:01:00 PM »
The way I take it from his video is if the bow is canted to the right then the top of the drawing hand is canted to the right to match the same angel as the bow.

if the bow is canted to the right and the top of the drawing hand is canted left you have torqued the string, putting undo preasure on the bottom limb.

The bow arm and drawing arm are allways parallel to each other no matter what position the bow is in. Vertical or canted.

Rob

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©