3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: MY BOW IS SO FAST-  (Read 27118 times)

Offline sidebuster

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: MY BOW IS SO FAST-
« Reply #100 on: January 04, 2007, 12:10:00 AM »
You want to see it again.

Offline LoneWolf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #101 on: January 04, 2007, 07:47:00 AM »
My bow is so fast...the air friction dulls my Snuffers before they reach the target.
LoneWolf
"Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;" Gen 27:3

Offline DarkeGreen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #102 on: January 04, 2007, 03:01:00 PM »
My bow is so fast I shot it from the back of a truck(in a vacuum)moving down the road 160 fps and the arrow didn't fall to the ground as though it was dropped.  ;)

Offline robtattoo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #103 on: January 04, 2007, 05:54:00 PM »
Clever, witty & well thought out. I like you DarkeGreen  :D
"I came into this world, kicking, screaming & covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way"

PBS & TBT Member

>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline robtattoo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #104 on: January 04, 2007, 05:55:00 PM »
My bow is sooooo fast that I don't bother using arrows. The presuure pulse frm the dry-fired string is anough to gut, fillet, de-bone & cook an elephant!  :D
"I came into this world, kicking, screaming & covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way"

PBS & TBT Member

>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline rxhntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #105 on: January 04, 2007, 07:31:00 PM »
my bow is so fast, I have to bounce the arrows off of rocks just to give the animal a chance  :)

Offline Jim Parsell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #106 on: January 04, 2007, 10:11:00 PM »
My buddies bow was so fast, he launched it 12 ft. down range without an arrow even nocked!!!!

Offline Dick in Seattle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #107 on: January 05, 2007, 01:20:00 PM »
I've heard enough of you guys... now here's a fast bow... so fast it allowed my grandad to retire.  Many, many years ago, he was hunting in the Cascades northeast of Seattle.  The day was clear, but there was a layer of icy sleet clouds over the ridge.  That layer was acting as kind of a lens and reflecting what was on the other side.  He could see an image of a huge elk, but I knew it would be tricky trying to figure a trajectory over the mountain to hit him.  He had far more confidence in a straight shot, so he mentally triangulated and aimed at the rock wall in front of him.   That arrow went right through the mountain, hit the elk in the breastbone and drove the carcass out of the hide, so he didn't have to dress him.   Being tired, he didn't climb over the mountain to get to him, just walked through the hole the arrow had made in the ridge and packed the elk on back to town.   Years later, the Burlington Railroad bought the rights to his arrow hole and used is as a tunnel, providing the basis for the family fortune.  Now, that's the story as grandad told it.  If you dobut me, the railroads gone, but you can still bicycle the tunnel on the John Wayne Trail.   Anyway, that's how a fast bow allowed an old man to retire young.

dick inSeattle
Dick in Seattle

"It ain't how well the bow you shoot shoots, it's how well you shoot the bow you shoot."

Online Crooked Stic

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #108 on: January 05, 2007, 07:05:00 PM »
That a good one Dick.I found out how fast my bow the other day when I shot straight out in front of me at nothing and about 60 seconds later the arrow whizzed past my ear from behind. Lucky the wind was blowing some and the arrow stuck in a tree or I would still be ducking.
High on Archery.

Offline Voodoofire1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #109 on: January 06, 2007, 08:11:00 AM »
My bow is so fast it takes ME out to dinner!

My next bow is going to be so fast that I have to build it myself because the bowyers are worried about lawsuits.
True happiness is not having what you want, it's wanting what you have!

Offline Ol Man

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #110 on: January 06, 2007, 08:49:00 AM »
My bow is so fast that when I shoot something I spin quickly to look behind myself to see it coming toward me.  (Shoots around the world is what I am trying to say!)
Getting older I tend to talk to myself but, at least I know that I am as smart as the one I am talking to.

Offline Matt Stuckey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #111 on: January 06, 2007, 10:31:00 AM »
My bow is so fast I missed a buck of a lifetime this year and the next week recieved a letter from some guy named Noah.  He said something about nearly ruining it for every hunter in North America, then he went on to say something about nearly destroying a boat...I don't know, I had a hard time reading the papyrus.

Offline Ol Man

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #112 on: January 06, 2007, 12:36:00 PM »
My bow is so fast ...I have to turn around quick to make sure I don't get hit in the back with my arrow.
Getting older I tend to talk to myself but, at least I know that I am as smart as the one I am talking to.

Offline Ol Man

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #113 on: January 06, 2007, 12:37:00 PM »
wow - so fast it posted twice.  (Old Timers)

Offline DSARGE.308

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #114 on: January 06, 2007, 12:54:00 PM »
My bow is so fast, my arrows grow moss before they hit the target.
I found the Lord again--although he never lost me!

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #115 on: January 06, 2007, 07:32:00 PM »
My bow is so fast the arrows went before they go.

Offline Sneakypete

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #116 on: January 06, 2007, 07:58:00 PM »
Huntsmanlance -- Man, you look like the younger brother of Grendel in the great flick "Beowolf and Grendel." That's a compliment. And I've been wondering ... how was that redhead?

Offline Dave Rice

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #117 on: January 06, 2007, 08:03:00 PM »
Last fall I was hunting a corn field and loosed an arrow at a deer. The arrow was so fast that it heated the air popping all the corn. Unfortunately, some nearby cows thought it was snowing and froze to death.

Offline Dalebow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #118 on: January 07, 2007, 12:17:00 AM »
It is so fast I dont have to get out of bed until tomorrow:-)

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #119 on: January 07, 2007, 07:27:00 AM »
My bow is so fast that i had to give up hunting. When i shoot an animal the wound gets cauterized. Then the animal walks away like nothing happened.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©