3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Made in America hunting clothing what are you buying?  (Read 1273 times)

Offline Dartwick

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Made in America hunting clothing what are you buying?
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2008, 02:04:00 PM »
Yor options are seriously limited if you stick with American Made items.
Especially if you are allergic to wool.
Wherever you went - here you are.

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2008, 11:42:00 PM »
Dartwick check out Joe Skipp's line of clothing he is a sponsor here and posted on the first page. He carries Day One Camouflage which is nice stuff JMO. It is time we limited ourselves or went with out? No we do have choices, we just need to look\\hunt a little harder. Not a problem for us!   :D  

John remember ya can send it back  :thumbsup:

Offline Goose

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2008, 03:51:00 AM »
King of the Mountain.
Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful.

Offline Danny Roberts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2008, 04:04:00 AM »
It's a shame the 2 good 'ole boys down south took everything overseas. I'm buying more military surplus.

Offline BOWBENDERPA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2008, 06:46:00 AM »
Not sure if these are all still made here but look at Filson, Pendleton, Johnson Woolen Mills and Pointer Brand.  Know that Woolrich started making a lot of stuff overseas, but think they still manufacture some items in Pennsylvania.

Offline bbassi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2008, 07:39:00 AM »
Is Sitka Gear made here or overseas? Anyone know?
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2008, 07:55:00 AM »
Sleeping Indian. They also make cotton products for those of you alergic to wool.
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2008, 08:22:00 AM »
hormoan....half the folks here shoot Carbon Express arrows....guess where they are made.  I shoot wood and aluminum made in the USA.  I drive a Silverado, a Cavalier and a Chrysler...all have imported parts but are USA made.  What American made appliances do you have in the house?  Tele...Cell Phone...Air Conditioners, etc.?   By the way, I buy my hunting clothes at Good Will mostly, as I menioned, it's about the only place to get American made clothing around here.

As a corporate communications officer, you probably make a nice salary and can afford to be more selective than those who are scraping to pay their bills.  Sometimes it's about being frugal in order to function in an inflationary time.  Folks here in rural Pa. are struggling to keep their families fed, bills paid and get back and forth to work.  Corporate America has lost touch with those folks, putting bottom line ahead of anything else.  The average wage here is less than $26,000 a year for family.

That being said, I'll be checking Goodwill again this week for some jeans and shirts for hunting.
Will see what's on the tag when I get there.

Offline Ken Taylor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2008, 09:37:00 AM »
As a Canadian I believe that both USA and Canadian made products are of the highest quality and It gives me a feeling of loyalty to purchase  and use either one.
May your next adventure lighten your heart, test your spirit, and nourish your soul.

Offline Jason Jelinek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2008, 10:14:00 AM »
I try to buy US products even when they are higher in price when I can find them and they are of equal quality to the stuff that is made overseas.  It's not always possible, I don't like it but have to deal with it.

I have a Filson coat (Double Mac), it's been used for 4-5 years and looks as good as it did when I first bought it.  I also use surplus wool.  I buy Gold Tips, made in the USA.  Nearly the same price as CE.  They tried making them in Mexico, but moved back to the US I believe.

The dirty little secret is that we are all part of Corporate America.  Anyone who has a 401k, IRA or anything invested in the stock market is part of Corporate America.  We buy stocks, expect them to rise in value.  That puts pressure on CEO's board of directors to make companies profitable.  I laugh everytime people talk about big business out to get us, most of us own those big businesses (through the stock market) and we want them to be profitable or else we'll fall on our face when it comes to retirement.  It isn't just software guys like me, but my retired grandfather who farmed, hauled water, and did a lot of other jobs to make ends meet.

Not trying to start a fight, just trying to straighten things out like others have.

Jason

Offline Dave Lay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2008, 10:44:00 AM »
Sitga gear is NOT American made, I had a jacket and pants, and thats one reason I sold it, I was very suprised and disappointed to see that.
   I was tryin to find a good American set of rain gear, I called Cabelas and they told me ALL thier rain gear is made "overseas"  I also have a REAL issue with Chinese stuff and have done my best to avoid it at all costs. But it is difficult to find American stuff now days. Winter wear, sleepin Indian, warm weather I mainly wear military stuff...  good for you for payin attention to this...
Compton traditional bowhunters
PBS regular
Traditional bowhunters of Arkansas
I live to bowhunt!!!
60” Widow SAV recurve 54@28
60” Widow KBX recurve 53@27
64” DGA longbow 48@27

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2008, 10:55:00 AM »
My Bean, Woolrich, Filson and KOM wool are all made in America.  Aside from that, it's getting very difficult to buy anything anymore that isn't made in China, India, Bangladesch, South Korea, etc.  But I try.  That's one of the reasons I don't shop at Wally World.

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2008, 11:09:00 AM »
This thread was not suppose to be a political one only exception was. What companies you are supporting in hunting clothing still made in America. I have not done as much as I should have in the past. So I'm as guilty as anyone.

I believe its way past time. We as a group change that as much as we can. So lets please try and get back to a list of American made clothing. So we as a group, know what choices we do have.

And thanks for all of your suggestions!  :thumbsup:

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2008, 11:33:00 AM »

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2008, 11:34:00 AM »
Anybody have any experience with Patriot made rain wear?? No camo's but they do have some good solid colors.

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2008, 11:40:00 AM »
Jason....most folks out here in rural Pa. don't own stocks, and most are just lucky to have a 401K anymore....many have to fund their own retirement totally, or just rely on S.S.  The business of business is controlled wholly by the consumer....demand for cheap goods, that we can't provide apparently.  

By the way....I do buy USA when I can, but I'm not blind to others needs either.  Many of my friends work for industry or retail that make their profits from imports.

Offline WindWalker-AK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2008, 11:48:00 AM »
The Pendleton wool shirts we purchase a couple of months ago were made in China.  Didn't know it until the package arrived.  Sad day.
Best Wishes

Offline Landshark160

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2008, 11:56:00 AM »
Mr. George, it isn't just rural PA, it's that way down here too.  I don't own any stocks and I don't have a 401K.  And I'm not the only one.
Chris
>>>>--------------->

The benefits of a big broadhead are most evident when things go wrong. - CTS

Offline J. Holden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2008, 12:01:00 PM »
I saw on another trad site some wool clothing that will be coming out early '09 the thread said.  I looked closely and the tag read, I believe, "Classic Bowman".  I wont help you this season but maybe bext year.  I agree, it is tough to buy American.  I'm diggin' the idea of shopping at Goodwill.  Been there once and will have to go back.
Pslam 46:10

"A real man rejects passivity and takes responsibility to lead, provide, protect, and teach expecting to receive the greater reward." Dr. Robert Lewis

Offline NoCams

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2008, 12:38:00 PM »
Thinking about buying one of Ron LaClair's longhunter shirts this fall when they are available....

nocams
TGMM  Family of the Bow
"Failure to plan is planned failure"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©