3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: clicker mounting  (Read 1086 times)

Offline Ringneck

• Trad Bowhunter
clicker mounting
« on: July 14, 2008, 03:27:00 PM »
Just wondering where most of you place the clicker on your bow. On the limb closer to the tip or by the fadeouts.

Thanks

Offline bailebr3

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: clicker mounting
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 05:39:00 PM »
by the fadeouts for me but mounting closer to the limb tip does allow alot shorter clicker string.
BRANDON B.
Hoyt Gamemaster II 52# @ 26"
Bear Kodiak Magnum 50# @ 26"

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 05:53:00 PM »
About 10-12" down from the tip
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 06:16:00 PM »
I have put clickers on several of my bows to help fight target panic.  It has now been over a year, but I am slowly getting better and doing more and more shooting without them.

I tried most of the "cures" without success, but found the clicker the most effective.  I removed the chains and have some clickers even closer to the top than this one.

Lon Scott

Offline Smallwood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 11:13:00 AM »
with my bows, i found i got less bow noise and vibration by mounting the clicker by the fadeouts on the limbs.

Offline Mark C.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 11:50:00 AM »
Blackhawk is right!......REMOVE the chain! I dinged my upper limb quite a bit before I realized it.

Offline Ringneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 02:13:00 PM »
I mounted mine by the fadouts and used some drop away rest cord. I just noticed the directions for the two different mfg suggest different locations for mounting. Clickety Klick suggests 7-9" from the tip and crick-it suggests by the fadouts. I would think up on the top limb would be less likely to get tangled on brush mounted up high and with less cord.

Offline NYRON

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
    • LifeCycle Gear
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2008, 04:08:00 PM »
Using a chronograph, I have tested arrow speed with and without a clicker installed on the limb and can find no discernable difference. I mount my clickers near the limb tip in the non-working part of the limb. This reduces the cord length. I have tried mounting them on the fades and on the riser, but the tension cord is just too long and it gets hung up in the brush and even around the bow string.

Ron
Your Forest, Your Bow, Your Adventure!

www.yourlifecyclegear.com

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2008, 02:07:00 PM »
I am pretty sure they don't want it mounted out towards the tips is so the cord doesn't cause any torque/twisting.  With that said, I am getting tired of my 90# Spider Wire catching on everything and winding itself around my string!  I may move it up towards the ends instead of near the riser.

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2008, 07:18:00 PM »
I recenly switched to using string loop material (used on compounds) for attatching my clicker. I just burn both ends, no knot is necessary going through the string (just tie it in with dental floss). This eliminates the string tangling up aroung your bowstring.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©