3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Grizzly broadheads and steel adapters  (Read 292 times)

Offline sendero25

• Trad Bowhunter
Grizzly broadheads and steel adapters
« on: July 14, 2008, 07:46:00 PM »
I have steel broadhead adapters in 100 and 75 grains, 11/32" from several suppliers, they don't seat all of the way into the Grizzly ferrule, ( I assume the Grizzly is 21/64'). There is always about one "thread" on the adapter not seated fully into the broadhead.
I have tried 5/16" and they seem a little to small.
I have found a way to make the 11/32s work by chucking them into a drill press, and while they are spinning, I use a 12" wood ruler wrapped in course emory cloth and hold it against the adapter, mantaining the correct degree of taper.
It works but is time consuming and tedius.
Anyone know of a better way to get them to fit, or a supplier of steel adapters that will fit a Grizzly?
Thanks,
John
"I'm not very smart but I can lift heavy things"

"I'm not as smart as I look"

quotes by my good friend Clay Miller from Valentine, TX

Offline SlowBowinMO

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Grizzly broadheads and steel adapters
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 10:53:00 PM »
PDP used to make a 21/64 aluminum adapter but they were pretty soft.  Not sure if they're still available or not but they did fit the Grizzly to a tee.  They were available through Martin accessories dealers.

You are right the Grizzly, while advertised 11/32" is more like 21/64".  The 11/32" don't seat quite as deep on them but there is no need IMO to mess with them (I never have) they work just fine as they are.

Grizzlies are not the only trad head that varies slightly off 11/32", but it's really not a problem for any of them as long as they are reasonably close.
"Down-Log Blind at Misty River"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©