3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Sportsmans Guide ground blind  (Read 337 times)

Offline TEETS

• Trad Bowhunter
Sportsmans Guide ground blind
« on: July 15, 2008, 05:29:00 PM »
Does anyone have experience with this blind? I am looking to go cheap but dont want junk.  http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=355979

thanks

Offline Kevin L.

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Sportsmans Guide ground blind
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 05:55:00 PM »
I don't know about their blinds, but I just took a chance on them with a tent and was very disappointed. Very cheaply made and it had holes in it when it arrived. I called and raised cain, since it was advertised as "Compare to tents costing $190.00". I guess it was to compare shape, no way they could have meant comparing quality. Very disappointed.     "[dntthnk]"      "[dntthnk]"
Appalachian LB 66"57@26
Appalachian LB 68" 60@28
Appalachian Flatbow 64" 56@28
Appalachian Archery RC 58"62@28
Bighorn LB 68" 57@28
HH Wesley LB 66" 53@27
HH Cheetah LB 66" 52@26
Saxon American RC 58" 60@28

Offline Taiga Recurve

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 05:55:00 PM »
Not going to be big enough for trad equipment
"Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye.
Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark!"

Offline TEETS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 07:52:00 PM »
Why would it not  be big enough?

Offline mike snider

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 08:20:00 PM »
have brand new ameristep blind carbon lined leafy edges big enough to stand and shoot bow i think it is stack house or dog house ? 75 bucks
michael snider

Offline koger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 11:41:00 PM »
I have a similar blind, decent quality, not big enough for a 58'' recurve for me last year. I went to natchezss.com, nathchez shooters supply and bougha Ameristep Penthouse for 139.00, carbon scent blocker, leafy edges, 6.5 feet wide and long, 12 windows, 90 inches tall! Just a really well made version of the blind you are talking about, but plenty of room. Pops up, then put up your cross poles,corner to corner and outside stakes. 5 minutes set up and pretty water resistant. me and my buddy can both shoot any recurve or longbow we have tried standin up in it, both at the same time. Hope this helps. Sam.
samuel koger

Online mnbwhtr

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 08:05:00 AM »
Looks like an ameristep "doghouse". Depending on your bow it might be to tight to shoot. I've used one successfully with a 58" recurve but anything longer? The Penthouse is great for shooting longboows out of.

Offline OkKeith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2008, 08:51:00 AM »
I have the Doghouse blind as well. I do OK with a shorter recurve and a small hunting seat if I am in it alone. Tight squeeze with a buddy. I don't really care for the nylon material it is made of.

Most of the Sportsman's Guide knock off stuff is of average quality, but it is inexpensive. You could probably use it for a couple of seasons and it would fall apart, or save a little longer and get a higher quality blind. It will last a long time. I used cheapies myself for quite a while, then ponied-up and bought a couple of used Double Bulls from some local guys who wanted the "latest and greatest". I got 2 DBs for a total of $175.00. I think they will last forever! Even after being used for 3 years (by the time I got them) they barely had the "new" wore off.

Go to some of the other hunting websites (compound, blackpowder, rifle) and look for someone who is wanting to unload and upgrade, see if you can snag a bargin on a blind.

Good Luck.

OkKeith
In a moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing. The worst thing you can do is nothing.
Theodore Roosevelt

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©