3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: JD Lund Whisperstik  (Read 698 times)

Offline britts

• Trad Bowhunter
JD Lund Whisperstik
« on: July 15, 2008, 05:36:00 PM »
I ordered an extra string from JD a couple of weeks ago for the Whisperstik that I had picked up. Was very surprised when the string showed up a couple of days ago along with my uncashed check and a note from him that "this ones on me". Seems that he had run out of the beaver silencers that he puts on all his strings so he sent the string no charge. He did this for a guy ( me ) who had purchased one of his bows used and not directly from him. Got to really like and respect a guy like that!  :clapper:

Offline Kevin L.

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: JD Lund Whisperstik
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 05:46:00 PM »
He's a great guy and a heck of an artist. I'm making some new arrows for hunting season, gonna put some meat on the ground with mine    :D
Appalachian LB 66"57@26
Appalachian LB 68" 60@28
Appalachian Flatbow 64" 56@28
Appalachian Archery RC 58"62@28
Bighorn LB 68" 57@28
HH Wesley LB 66" 53@27
HH Cheetah LB 66" 52@26
Saxon American RC 58" 60@28

Online 1/4 away

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 06:01:00 PM »
Great guy....aweswome bows!
Do not follow where the path may lead.  Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail.

Offline Shawn Rackley

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 06:18:00 PM »
J.D is a very good guy.
he is very generous, and seems to get as excited about your stuff as you do.
not to mention builds an awesome bow.

Online frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 06:46:00 PM »
:clapper:    :clapper:
"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Offline WidowEater

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 06:46:00 PM »
there could never be enough said about the courtesy, generosity, and talent of JD  this guy goes out of his way on a regular basis for everyone anytime.
Silence over speed.  Heavier arrows never hurt.

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 08:24:00 PM »
And the very best part is he isn't the only one, bowyer, sponsor, or member here who is like that!
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline EASTERNARCHER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2008, 08:29:00 PM »
Amen to that all said above!
About 4 weeks before I see mine........Christmas in August for me.

JD is a man of few words, and is straight to the point. When I asked about a potential issue with my order, he simply replies that he wouldn't use the materials if there was any problem. Period!
ARCHER

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2008, 08:34:00 PM »
He's a class act for sure.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Online Guss

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2008, 09:37:00 PM »
I have not spoke to J.D., yet! I have been shooting a 58" Mojostik, and I'm shooting better than I ever have. Believe me, it's got to be the bow!!! These are some nice bows, I'm already thinking about a 56" Mojostik in the future!
                    Guss

Offline EASTERNARCHER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2008, 05:30:00 AM »
Normally I wouldn't stick my neck out, but....if my new 60"er is as good as EVERYBODY tells me it will be, then I may, in the future need to order another, maybe 58"....not likely 56". Too short for me I think.

I'm sooooo tempted to drive the extra distance over to Michigan to pay him a visit when I'm in NY in August! Just to test drive some of these things.
ARCHER

Offline stickpig

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2008, 02:01:00 AM »
Got a new 56"r for sale for a great deal if anyone's
interested........stuck on longbows!   :p

Offline DeerSpotter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2008, 10:11:00 AM »
I have talked with JD on the phone many times, I purchased a used whisperstik not from him, and he talked to me about it just like as if I purchased it from him.  JD is a great guy, sometimes to humble.  He makes a great bow, the quietest and smoothest bow I have ever shot.

I have two of his different grips, and surprised at how well I shoot both of them.  One terrific guy, with a terrific talent.  And his bows are at a decent price for all the talent he puts into his bows, the second one I purchased it is a new one, it's a 58" that when strung it measures 56 & 1/4"

I could be a little bias !

And like someone said I am a better shot with his bows, it's got to be the bows !

Carl
--------------------------
 Heb.13:5-6

Offline DeerSpotter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2008, 03:55:00 PM »
That would be pretty cool to be able to pick up your bow from JD,

Sounds like fun !

Carl

Offline EASTERNARCHER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2008, 09:25:00 PM »
BA1, yes it would be nice to shake the hand of the person building my bow.

But he is at least 4-5 hours further down the road...one way! and I can't spare that kind of time I'm afraid.
ARCHER

Offline Overspined

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2008, 09:25:00 PM »
I think right now his turn around time is good, but he is getting busier and it won't be long before the wait on a new bow will eat you up. I loved the 60" curve so much I bought a 58", and love that as well. I sold the 60"er because I messed up and overbowed myself. So I am back down to one, and want another 60". I was fortunate to try his bows locally here in MI and "test drive" them, which is why I sold my Black Widow PSR for an upgrade to a whisperstick, in my opinion. These bows really rip an arrow and are quieter than some longbows I have shot. The limbs are relatively narrow and have somewhat of a static tip. They just don't vibrate! I shoot a bit of a heavier arrow and it is almost silent. Dead in the hand at the shot. When JD made my 58"er, he put in a cool arch for no cost as he was experimenting with different styles to offer customers. At shoots, everyone sees the beautiful craftmanship and asks me what kind of bow it is. I have had comments about the quietness as well. He even re-shaped my shelf at no charge per my request.  Bowyers need to make money too, so sometimes I wonder what he is thinking doing so much for customers, but I guess this thread shows that people notice! I don't really even look at other curves anymore, I don't know what I could like more about another...Keep it up JD

Offline DeerSpotter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2008, 11:17:00 PM »
Matt,

You could have said it any better, but I don't think you're looking to won friends tell them you're upgrading " from the Black Widow" but I feel the same about his bows, I have done what you have, only my 60" is a 43# and my 58" is a 47# and like you said, you stop looking at another recurves, there's just no sense when you have got the best in a Whisperstik.

And I know that some are probably getting tired of me blowing my horn about Whisperstik's, but they have to shoot them to really see the difference.

And the personality of JD, he displays real customer service, it's just not talk to sell you a bow, he is genuinely interested in you and you need.

Carl

Offline Mike Burch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2008, 01:32:00 AM »
Yep, I agree with what everyone has said.

JD has "Old School" customer Service!

He has answered every question I had and with straight forward, honest answers.

He is building the Very best 50s style recurve on the market IMHO! Hard to describe....It feels like a hybrid with the sudden STOP of the limb tips at the shot, absolutly no vibration. Fast as lightning and quiet as a D-bow. The man has got a heck of a design.     :thumbsup:    

Mike

Offline EASTERNARCHER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2008, 06:42:00 AM »
What's that I hear????an Ambulance going to JD's place???? Must be to surgically remove his hat after the swelling his head must be going thru from this thread and others like it! LOL

JUST KIDDING!!!!
ARCHER

Offline DeerSpotter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2008, 05:21:00 PM »
I think JD is a humble person, and he'll stay that way, and the more bows he sells, the more thankful he will be, I think he knows where his blessings come from.

Carl

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©