3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Steel Force Broadheads  (Read 277 times)

Offline Joe Clark

• Trad Bowhunter
Steel Force Broadheads
« on: July 16, 2008, 03:57:00 PM »
Anybody out there using these? I would like information on what model etc. you are using them. Where are you purchasing. I noticed that Three Rivers doesn't carry them anymore and was just curious where folks were buying them. I'm not really interested in any of the serrated versions, I just assume that means more sharpening trouble when you want to touch them up.   :knothead:    

Any information appreciated! Thanks!

Offline Recurve50 LBS

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Steel Force Broadheads
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 04:06:00 PM »
My wheel bow friend uses them. They are a good head. You can buy them from Cabelas. I haven't seen these heads over 125 grains if your looking for a heavier head.
Larry W.

Member TANJ

NRA Life Member

56" 45#@28" Thunder Stick Mag
62" 45#@28" Turkey Creek Longbow
1966 42#@28" Bear Grizley

Offline bloodyarrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 04:38:00 PM »
very good head they have come out with the trad. series screw on or glue on singel bevel 145g
Hunting The Way of My Ancestors
(The Traditional Way)

Eddie

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 05:16:00 PM »
My cop friend Bingo, who hunted with us in New Brunswick this past june uses them. Shoots a Matthews Compound and GT shafts...has taken 2 bears with the steelforce, all passthrus...bears didn't go 40 yds...
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline LITTLEBIGMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 05:50:00 PM »
I use nothing but them. I use both the glue on 125 and the screw in 125 as well. I have killed moose, caribou ,deer and turkeys with them.
Make a life, not a living

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 08:59:00 PM »
I have killed close to 50 deer with them, most with the compound when I shot one but I have killed several with Trad. bows with them as well. Shawn
Shawn

Offline Dave Bowers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 09:43:00 PM »
they have a large 145gr glue on head also

Offline bailebr3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2008, 11:17:00 PM »
i use the two bladed "PREMIER" heads on hogs, the serrated two blades on deer, and the forward serrated "TALONS" on turkey and rabbits. they all have bleeder blades also. i have had no trouble out of these heads,LOVE EM. all the ones i listed that i use are 100gr screw in...for a total weight of 512grs. for the finished arrow.
BRANDON B.
Hoyt Gamemaster II 52# @ 26"
Bear Kodiak Magnum 50# @ 26"

Offline wihill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2008, 12:47:00 AM »
You guys are making me feel better - I picked up two packs of 125gr on close-out from a local shop for 15.00.  I was worried that I should have gone with Magnus heads, but I couldn't pass up the deal.  I hope I get good enough to use them this year, as I've designated them only for Trad.
Support the sport!

Offline JL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2008, 11:07:00 AM »
I use them also. They had a bad rap of the tip rolling over but I never had any issue's with them. This spike ducked/spun back on release and I caught him in the shoulder with a 50lbs curve. The arrow exited out the lower neck on the far side. Short/quick recovery. I'll use the heads untill I can't find them any more...

JL
Practice like you are the worst, shoot like you are the best...

Offline Robhood23

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2008, 11:14:00 AM »
I picked up a pack to try out the other day. I got the sabertooth 4 blade 125's. I was suprised on how sharpe they were, you can shave with them right out of the pack. I also liked the fact that they will resharpen the heads in the off season if you want them to.
The man who thinks he can and the man who thinks he can't are both right!!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©