3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Black Creek Banshee  (Read 297 times)

Offline Brent Rudolph

• Trad Bowhunter
Black Creek Banshee
« on: July 17, 2008, 10:02:00 AM »
Was pleased to meet Jim Gainey at ATAR. Here is the thing......Jim is the real deal. What a nice guy. I got a chance to shoot his Banshee. I had been wanting to get my paws on one of these bows since I saw a picture of one here on Tradgang. I was not disappointed. I can tell you that this is one of the nicest shooting short bows out there. I was impressed with it's instinctive pointability, speed was there, and more important to me, it hit the target hard. Overall, shooting the Banshee was a nice experience. The bow is as honest as the bowyer, and a great value. Thanks Jim.

Brent
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline bretto

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Black Creek Banshee
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 05:08:00 PM »
Now there's something You don't run into everyday, a Business Man talking up his competitor. Another fine example from the " Gang ".

Brent, I'm on the List for Hope for the first of November. The time can't pass soon enough. Took a ride Tues. night at dusk saw close to 40 Deer 15 Bucks 2 real Giants. Plenty of growing time left, should be a great year. bretto

Offline Cherokee Scout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 08:21:00 PM »
Brent is a good guy too! And.....the man can shoot!
John

Offline Scott Gray

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 08:37:00 PM »
I agree Jim and his bows are the real deal.   :thumbsup:  Brent that was classy.
BlackCreek Banshee 42 lbs@28

Offline Featherbuster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 11:01:00 PM »
Jim is a great guy.  I had a chance to meet Jim at our Pierce shoot in MS and one heckuva fellow.  His bows are super sweet shooters and they just feel RIGHT.  One of his bows will definetly find its way to my hands someday!!!

Jim, I am planning to come see John sometime around the first week of august and i might have to cook one of those boston butts especially for you.
We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. - Tribe Unknown

Southern Traditional Archery

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 11:20:00 PM »
So Brent comes up with this 39 pound Banshee, pops off a few arrows (it DOES hit hard for its weight!) and shoves it at me. I look at it. It is really pretty! Now he wants me to go ahead and try it...it's a lefty and I am not. Oh well, it is only 39 pounds. The grip feels nice, even in the wrong hand (right hand). I managed to hit the bag...SOCK!

I hope he forgave me for going back to my new-to-me ACS, but I haven't forgotten that Banshee. I really like the bow!

Killdeer  :thumbsup:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 11:39:00 PM »
now dont go getting all banshee on us killie  :biglaugh:
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline Steel

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2008, 01:15:00 AM »
I have a used like new condition Banshee I just bought a few weeks back. Mine is a 58" bow with very modern design,very pretty and well built.It shoots great fairly fast.The bow is pretty easy to shoot also very good bow for the price. I just received a SuperShrew 56" bow and 47lbs at 27" and also have a Morrison Dakota with carbon foam limbs on the way next week. Yes I like the SuperShrew alittle better it's faster and even a touch easier for me to shoot than the Banshee.Still everyone's different some may shot the banshee better and the Shrew is more money and alot more wait time to get one. Overall I think the Banshee is a very good bow I am impressed by it every time I shot it. Not alot of people know the blackcreek Name but they will in the coming years as more people get a chance to see and shot their bows. I would consider a Banshee money well spent by anyone looking for a new bow.

Offline swampmaster

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2008, 02:17:00 AM »
brent, it was a pleasure meeting you at ATAR. appreciate all the kind words from you as well as the rest of the folks on here. the people on this website are as fine as you will find anywhere.
cris, man you are one outstanding cook and your boston butts are to die for. looking forward to one.
 thanks guys.

swamp

Offline Raineman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2008, 10:54:00 AM »
I have spoken to Jim a few times on the phone. Basically discussing my "wants" for the bow and what he "needs" to make it. I must say, it has been a pleasure to deal with him.

Last decision is 58" or 60" which I will make at Denton Hill.

I'll be finalizing the order next week.  :thumbsup:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©