3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Depressed in Montana  (Read 613 times)

Offline agd68

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Depressed in Montana
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2008, 10:22:00 PM »
I think your Docs are right.I did similar damage to my shoulder. it was about 2 years befor I could realy do anything with it, even then I made my come back with a light bow and worked my way back to hunting weight preety slowly. Dont rush it, take the time to heal or archery could only be a fond memory.
Eat, drink, and be merry...  
For tommoro we may die.

Offline L. E. Carroll

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Depressed in Montana
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2008, 01:36:00 AM »
I had the deltoid detach in my RT shoulder in 06. Had a great Dr. who re-atached it by putting a "Heli coil" in joint of shoulder screwing in a Post and re-ataching with Kevlor [string]. It was immobilized for 6 weeks then into rehab.

[Rehab was worse than the surgery as I was determined to shoot again]by the time I left rehab [6 months later] I was able to stand at stationary weight machine [sideways like drawing my bow] and do 3 sets of 10 with the weight bench set at 70# with my right shoulder and arm. Dr. advised retirement but talked him into returning to work....WRONG!! 2 1/2 months later I had torn left rotor cuff from over-compensating for RT shoulder.

Had that fixed last March by same DR. [ could not hunt with bow last fall due to going over bars of my HD on Labor day run. landed on back of head and shoulder that had just been worked on and breaking 3 ribs in arm pit area of left shoulder.

Back to rehab......!

Now I'm retired [Dr. was right] Riding bike [1500+ mile trips] and shooting 60# fairly easily and my new PTFX Cocobolo w/tulip wood vanieers at 65# [work in progress there]. Lost 2 inches of draw length [used to draw 30"] and no more 70# bows.

Get it fixed !!!!! it's tough in rehab but worth it and with determination you will shoot again!! I kept telling my self an "Archer who could not shoot" might as well be sitting there using a pully system at home as just sitting there watching the Boob Tube.

Best of luck !!! It will happen for you too.. I'm an old guy 57 and I pulled it off.
Gene
Tall Tines R/C
64 Kodiak
69 Super Kodiak Big River replica
56" 55$# Static Tipped Kwyk Styk
Blacktail Elite
54 dual shelf Compass Kodiak

PBS Associate Member
Traditional Bowhunters of WA.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©