3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 64" recurve?  (Read 1602 times)

Offline jwingman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 64" recurve?
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2008, 12:30:00 PM »
I have a long draw like yours. I use to draw 31 inches but with age have slipped back a bit to 30 inches. Anyway, you don't mention a timeline or a price you are looking to stay within.
   I have three of Brandon's Rose Oak King panthers. Two 64 inches long and one 62 inches long and one of his Puma's in 60 inch. They all come back 30-31 inches with no problem what so ever. Very comfortable bows to shoot and I love the handles. As far as new bows go and ordering one, you won't have to wait a year to get one either.
  I have owned and shot the Black Widows also. They are great bows and even the PSA model in 62 inch will come back 31 inches very smoothly. These bows are expensive new but very available on the used market. They can be obtained both new and used without extensive wait periods.
   There are quite a few others that make longer recurves and there are a bunch of older recurves that were made in 66 inch lengths or longer from Wing and others. All the above listed bows are great bows but the wait period to obtain some of them can be extensive.
  I don't know if any of this information helps you at all but good luck in your search and enjoy your shooting!
  I will be working on getting one of Brandon's new takedowns. I sure love my Rose Oak bows. - jwingman

Offline Scott E

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2008, 03:07:00 PM »
Thanks for all the responses!    :thumbsup:   I'm in college so money is an object looking to stay in the 400 range. I'll check out all the suggestions tonight thanks again-Scott
Self reliance cannot be bought

Offline britts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2008, 05:27:00 PM »
Wow, Brandon, that is one sweet looking takedown!

Offline Scott E

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2008, 11:15:00 PM »
I decided to look at the black widow page and I am now in love with the PMA III   :banghead:  dont know what im going to do cause its just a bit out of my price range. Anyone know how I could get one at a discount price? thank you again to every one who has responded
Self reliance cannot be bought

Offline GrayRhino

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2008, 11:55:00 PM »
I'd check the classified ads here on tradgang.  You can sometimes pick up a used Widow for around $600.
God  now commandeth all men everywhere to repent.  Acts 17:30

"All bowhunting trips are good,  some are just real good!"  Bill Baker

"We're all trophy hunters...until something else comes along."  Glenn St. Charles

Offline mike g

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2008, 10:54:00 AM »
Try Legendsbows.com sponsors list....
I just ordered one of the Mountain bows they are 64"....
    I'm a die hard longbow guy, butt decided to try a Recurve and since Mike is a shootin buddy of mine I decided to try one of his bows....
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline Steelhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2008, 12:20:00 PM »
I would run a wanted add in the classifieds for 64 inch curve and see if you have any luck

Offline Curtiss Cardinal

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2008, 01:26:00 AM »
Most good bowyers make 64" recurves. I think you'll find a 66" one hard to find but worth it with that draw length I draw from 29" to 31" depending on the grip height of the bow and I own 64" bows and shot one 66" and it was sweeter and smoother than even my highest dollar 64" custom recurve.
It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare. ~Mark Twain
TGMM Family of The Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©