3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hunting blind question  (Read 474 times)

Offline horatio1226

• Trad Bowhunter
Hunting blind question
« on: July 19, 2008, 12:18:00 PM »
Is there a good hunting blind other than a Double Bull? It seems like the prices go from $150 for the less expensive blinds to $400 for the Double Bull. Isn't there something good in the middle?
Are all Primos blinds good or just the Double Bull? Thanks
Brian
"So long as the moon returns to the heavens in a bent, beautiful arc, so long will the fascination with archery in man lasts."

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hunting blind question
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 12:45:00 PM »
Well Brian, It all depends on what works for YOU.....

You can take a $10 piece of burlap and hang it from a couple trees.Cheap,effective.....Not as "elaborate" as some may like,yet much more work than it's worth to ME.

(I don't like to carry things,and I like to just walk into my spot and sit down)
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline Deadbolt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 12:52:00 PM »
ive heard the ameristep penthouse is up there with the double bull just not as pricey.  i know i have a ameristep doghouse i use for gun hunting the winters and it is awsome i love the thing.  

i will be picking up a larger one for archery hunting but haven't decided which one i want yet...i want to see a penthouse in person prior to purchasing.

Offline J. Holden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 01:46:00 PM »
I have an Eastmen blind in ASAT.  I've had a Double Bull.  A few differences, but their both hub style, both have black out fabric on the inside, both weigh about the same, Eastmen is 1/2 the price.  That sold me.  BTW I returned my Double Bull because it didn't come with stakes.  The Eastmen did.  Some other reasons as well affected my decision.  DB is a GREAT product.  But there are some others that do the same thing for less.  For what it's worth...

Jeremy
Pslam 46:10

"A real man rejects passivity and takes responsibility to lead, provide, protect, and teach expecting to receive the greater reward." Dr. Robert Lewis

Offline J. Holden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 01:47:00 PM »
PM me if you'd like the website to see which one I purchased.

Jeremy
Pslam 46:10

"A real man rejects passivity and takes responsibility to lead, provide, protect, and teach expecting to receive the greater reward." Dr. Robert Lewis

Offline waiting4fall

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2008, 09:30:00 PM »

Offline longstick

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2008, 10:53:00 PM »
the advantage to burlap is no ones going to steal it and you can leave it in place and the critters get used to it just as if it wer a pop up brushed in. A double Bull...its going to disappear QUICK if found
I have a double bull and a LARGE carbon venture and I like them both, the carbon venture is a LOT more roomier though, you could almost use it as a tent or pitch it and stay in it overnite if you wanted..ROOMY as all get out
>>-TGMM Family of the Bow-->

Offline gregg dudley

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2008, 11:07:00 PM »
I just bought a double bull dark horse blind last week and I really like it how quick it is to set up and how roomy it is inside.  I looked at some of the other blinds, but the range of adjustment on the double bull is what I liked best.
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Come shoot with us!

Offline Earl E. Nov...mber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2008, 11:35:00 PM »
Hard to believe someone would return a blind for a $5.00 set of stakes.. Postage had to be 5 or 6 times that.
Many have died for my freedom.
One has died for my soul.

Offline Big_Al

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2008, 12:48:00 AM »
you should REALLY check out the Yukon Tracks line of blinds from  www.ardisam.com.   I got the largest blind, the Enforcer, and it's a HELL of a lot of blind for the money.  Check out this link for my revie wof the new 2008 model.

http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=059775;p=1

Inexpensive DOES NOT always mean cheap.
"And that, my friends, is the minority vote."  -Bill the Butcher

Offline BD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2008, 12:52:00 AM »
The DB is wayyy overpriced. Get the ASAT blind, the Primos groundmax escape deluxe, the Primos Predator or vision for much less. They are equivalent to the DB (actually they are better IMO) for less coin.

BCD
BD

Offline Widowbender

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2008, 01:20:00 AM »
I've bowhunted from blinds since 1993. I used to make them myself from pvc pipe,a camo tarp and some mosquito netting. I wish I had the money back that I have spent on all the "other" blinds instead buying a DB. I have had poles, hubs, zippers, you name it, I've had it broke. And, I'm not rough on my stuff, by any means. I was just sitting in one of my "Other"blinds, turkey hunting, one day and I heard a pop. One of the hub connectors broke. Save your self   some grief and money in the long run, buy a Double Bull Blind. Its expensive but you won't have to buy another one if you take care of it. Its the best made and quietest blind I've ever seen or used. JMHO, YMMV    :D

David
David

>>>>--TGMM-Family-of-the-Bow-->

Chatham County Chapter NWTF
Chapel Hill Friends of NRA

Offline david janssen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2008, 09:30:00 AM »
Chech out the blinds on Ron LaClair website.They look very roomy for us trad shooters.
David Janssen

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©