3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: arrowmaster quiver  (Read 5309 times)

Offline MI_Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: arrowmaster quiver
« Reply #100 on: August 20, 2008, 02:17:00 PM »
I got mine a week or so ago, very nice.    I took it stumping on my last trip to the cabin and it worked great.    I'll be using it for deer season this fall.
"Failure is an attitude, not an outcome."  -Harvey Mackay

:archer:               MikeD.

Offline wihill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #101 on: August 21, 2008, 12:05:00 AM »
You guys are really starting to peak my interest...

I don't like on bow quivers - never have - and as much as I like hip quivers, I keep getting things caught in them in the underbrush.  Tried the CatQuiver, and didn't care for it.  Seems this has quite the following.

Does the quiver "shift" on you when drawing, does it hold your body if you have to duck/manuver in the brush? How does it keep the top of the arrows from rattling around?  

I understand the quality of the components used in it, I'm just one of those people that needs to see/hold something to make sure it's really going to work for me.
Support the sport!

Offline BobW

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #102 on: August 21, 2008, 08:11:00 AM »
Rod has incorporated a fleece type material in the upper portion of the quiver basket that essentially muffles any loose arrow rattle.  When combined with the "rain hood", you get quite a silent system.  I have a stalker quiver that has none of these features, and was noisy as all heck when walking in the woods.  I have been playing some with the Arrow Master, and the only way I can get my arrows to rattle is to actually do something like "jumping jacks" - not quite the motion one would do going through the woods.

As for staying put, the shape has a contour to it that settles quite nicely to the small of your back.  You can also use the carbiner (stalking clip I believe it is called) to anchor the bottom down to your belt loops.

I have found only 1 "flaw" (okay, it isn't a flaw, just a "wish") - an additional slide buckle would be nice to keep the adjustable shoulder strap together - an believe me, that is no big deal.

This product ROCKS!!!!
"A sagittis hungarorum libera nos Domine"
>>---TGMM-Family-of-the-Bow--->
Member: Double-T Archery Club, Amherst, NY
St. Judes - $100k for 2010 - WE DID IT!!!!

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #103 on: August 21, 2008, 09:08:00 AM »
Wihill, you sound just like me when it comes to quivers.  I've tried umpteen "store bought" quivers--side quivers, Lakota style, Cat quivers, hip quivers, back quivers, bow quivers--and tried making a few of my own.  None of them worked like I wanted, and the last few years I have been using a hip quiver (not wearing it the conventional way though).

I'm about as big a skeptic as you'll find--been dissapointed by too many products that got rave reviews on message boards--but this quiver is ZERO hype--it just works better than anything I've ever used.  I've tried to find something wrong with it or a way to improve it, and so far I'm stumped.

You can adjust the shoulder strap to let it ride several different ways.  I don't notice it when drawing the bow--either with just a few arrows, or a bunch.  Like Bob said, you have to really make some movement to get any arrow noise.  It's as quiet (or quieter) than anything I wear going through the bushes,not prone to hanging up on anything, and dang near impossible to dump your arrows with the hood attached (I've seen no reason to remove the hood).  Arrow removal is simple and quiet.  You can carry a few arrows or a bunch (I've been stuck carrying several folk's arrows when we got stuck in the rain at a tournament).  Mine is going to CO with me next month, and it's the only quiver I'm taking--I see no reason to take anything else.

Chad

Offline SHOOTO8S

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #104 on: August 21, 2008, 07:29:00 PM »
Thanks guy's  :notworthy:   Thanks for the support  :D  

Originally posted by BobW:

I have found only 1 "flaw" (okay, it isn't a flaw, just a "wish") - an additional slide buckle would be nice to keep the adjustable shoulder strap together - an believe me, that is no big deal.

This product ROCKS!!!!
Bob....thanks for the idea!. I didn't want to add anything to the shoulder strap, that would hinder adjustment ease.....I played with a "keeper "of sorts, but it got hung on clothing more than I liked, so I may add a nylon slider and check how it works in the woods
2004 IBO World Champion

Offline wihill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #105 on: August 21, 2008, 08:13:00 PM »
LBR and BobW - thanks for the honest responses, I am one of those guys that had almost every quiver out there.  I purposely held myself back from getting some of them becuase I knew I wouldn't like them after 10 minutes.

I'm embarrassed to say I even tried to make my own - it didn't turn out so hot.  

I'll be 100% honest, there's only one thing that's making me gun-shy on buying one "right now!" - and that is the exposed section above the broadheads.  I know it needs to be there, I know what it's for, but part of me keeps wondering if it's missing a weather-flap or something.  With the drain tube/hole I don't think it'd need one - but my mind spins gears strangely.  

I may have to just take the plunge - it looks like an awesome quiver...
Support the sport!

Offline 4BTradArchery

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #106 on: August 22, 2008, 12:51:00 AM »
Is it adjustable for lefties?
Luck is when preparation meets opportunity - Darryl Royal

Dance with the one that brung ya - Darryl Royal

Offline Oregon Okie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #107 on: August 22, 2008, 12:56:00 AM »
Looks like it comes LH or RH.
"Don't believe everything you think" - bumper sticker

"Savage Blaster" - 50@31 - 63" (recurve I made with Steve Savage)
Firefly TD longbow - 50@31 - 63"
7 Lakes double shelf from a blank - 45@31 - 66"
Trident ILF w Blackmax carbons - 42@31

Offline EASTERNARCHER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #108 on: August 22, 2008, 08:53:00 AM »
Originally posted by SHOOTO8S:
Thanks guy's   :notworthy:    Thanks for the support   :D  
QUOTE]Bob....thanks for the idea!. I didn't want to add anything to the shoulder strap, that would hinder adjustment ease.....I played with a "keeper "of sorts, but it got hung on clothing more than I liked, so I may add a nylon slider and check how it works in the woods
Rod, just wondering if you considered adding an adjustable waist strap to keep the quiver from moving on your back? I added a tie-cord to the bottom of my backquiver to keep it positioned on my back.....PS, the new quiver should arrive soon I think!
Thanks Rod!!  :clapper:
ARCHER

Offline SoNevada Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #109 on: August 22, 2008, 09:19:00 AM »
Okay guys...I scanned the posts on this thread, probably missed it. So where do you order on of these beauties???
The doom of man...that he forgets!

Offline BobW

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #110 on: August 22, 2008, 09:23:00 AM »
The carbiner is there for your belt loop, but if you have a long tailed shirt or jacket, it will need something.  Each of us is so different that I'm not sure Rod could make a "one type fits all" strap. If it got down to that, I would be sewing loops on my coat to attach it to, or using something like a kilt pin to attach to.

Yep, I truly think you will be pleased with the quiver.

BobW

Offline BobW

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #111 on: August 22, 2008, 09:25:00 AM »
use the link in Rod's signature...

www.safarituff.com

Offline EASTERNARCHER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #112 on: August 22, 2008, 10:01:00 AM »
Originally posted by BobW:
The carbiner is there for your belt loop, but if you have a long tailed shirt or jacket, it will need something.  Each of us is so different that I'm not sure Rod could make a "one type fits all" strap. If it got down to that, I would be sewing loops on my coat to attach it to, or using something like a kilt pin to attach to.

Yep, I truly think you will be pleased with the quiver.

BobW
Bob, I agree that each of us could do our own mods to make it suit us. A long coat or shirt could interfere with the carbiner idea....maybe I'll just use my idea and add my own waist tie..
ARCHER

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #113 on: August 22, 2008, 04:44:00 PM »
I also thought the quiver could be improved if shoulder straps were secured.  I found an easy solution with an arrowhead pin that has not interfered with use.

Lon Scott

Offline BobW

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #114 on: August 22, 2008, 04:59:00 PM »
OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!  Nice Touch  :thumbsup:

Offline ArcticArcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #115 on: August 22, 2008, 07:12:00 PM »
Dang it you all!!!!!  I've been eyeballin' these things for awhile and after reading this entire thread ordered one along with the bow case.  I was saving the money for a rainy day, well it was raining this morning, so I guess it's ok.

On the customer service side, I called and left a message for Rod, and not expecting a call for a couple of days, due to it being Friday evening in Alabama.  Well, he called me back and it was about 7pm his time (3pm Alaska time).  Got the questioned answered and made the order as soon as I got off the phone.

Thanks Rod

Nick
TGMM Family of the Bow
Proud member of the Twister Twelve

Offline R. Combs

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #116 on: August 22, 2008, 09:19:00 PM »
I received my quiver yesterday and it was a little too short for my arrows with the fletch cover on. I called Rod and left a message. A short time later he returned my call and solved the problem with a fletch cover that was a couple of inches longer. That was after he put in a twelve hour day at work. He even took the time to talk me about a question that I had on my shooting.

Now thats customer service.

And by the way, it is one heck of a nice quiver also.

Rick

Offline TNstickn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #117 on: August 22, 2008, 09:21:00 PM »
I could'nt resist and ordered one! After all, couldnt very well say, "I've tried them all", without one. LOL  :biglaugh:
Pick a spot.>>>>-------> Shoot straight.

Offline SHOOTO8S

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #118 on: August 22, 2008, 09:26:00 PM »
Thanks again guy's!

Looks like Blackhawk has found a perfect strap thingie....can you buy them by the thousand, without having to go up on the ArrrowMaster ?  :D  

The reason there's so much of the shoulder strap thats double thickness is...I wanted to be sure there was enough adjustment to fit everyone, kinda like I reworked the design several times, so that the quiver didn't lose anything in a left hand version.

Any time you start on a project such as the ArrowMaster,you have to weigh just how much you can add to the design, before it becomes too much and clutters the end product, while still trying to have everything you need....and nothing you don't....I think we have most of the features needed, but anyone that knows me will tell you....I'm never completely satisfied!
2004 IBO World Champion

Online swp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #119 on: August 22, 2008, 09:32:00 PM »
"Any time you start on a project such as the ArrowMaster,you have to weigh just how much you can add to the design, before it becomes too much and clutters the end product, while still trying to have everything you need....and nothing you don't....I think we have most of the features needed, but anyone that knows me will tell you....I'm never completely satisfied!"

Maybe that is why everyone else is so satisfied with it Rod. Keep up the good work.
"People say you can't go back, its like when you get to the edge of a cliff and you take one more step forward or you do a 180 degree turn and take one more step forward. Which way are you going? Which one is progress?" Doug Tompkins

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©