3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: arrowmaster quiver  (Read 5303 times)

Offline R. Combs

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: arrowmaster quiver
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2008, 12:25:00 PM »
I don't know if anyone has asked this question yet, but can the quiver be used while packing in a tree stand. I hunt public land and don't dare to leave it in the woods so I pack it in when ever I hunt out of a stand.

Thanks, Rick

Online swp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2008, 01:22:00 PM »
You can let it ride plains indian quiver style and I don't think have any problem with a stand. Haven't tried it with a stand but I have carried in a blind with it on.
"People say you can't go back, its like when you get to the edge of a cliff and you take one more step forward or you do a 180 degree turn and take one more step forward. Which way are you going? Which one is progress?" Doug Tompkins

Offline kctreeman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2008, 01:38:00 PM »
Rcombs that is how Bison packs is modifying my set up.  The quiver will be attached to my pack and then the entire setup will be attached to my lone wolf in an upright position.  Pack and quiver will be removed when I reach the stand position and strapped to the tree.  tThe quiver can be swiveled to the conventional position if I am hunting out west without my stand.  You should call Angelo at bison packs to see how the quiver and pack combination is working. Great guys to work with.

Offline SHOOTO8S

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2008, 08:26:00 PM »
Thanks once again for all the kind comments!

I use the ArrowMaster in two ways when carrying a treestand....first like swp mentioned, I just swing the quiver to a horizontal position  and hit the woods...second,if its a long hike, without the possibilty of needing an arrow, the Arrowmaster has 2 D-rings, just for lashing to whatever need be, so I use paracord and simply lash the quiver to my treestand...with the storm cover attached, there's no chance of losing an arrow.
2004 IBO World Champion

Offline Daddy Bear

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2008, 09:29:00 PM »
I can remove all the slack from the shoulder strap and then snap the strap through the top loop of my Eberlestock J105 pack so that the Arrowmaster hangs on the right side. I then clip the carabiner to the accessory loop of the packs waist belt and the quiver hangs on the side of the pack exactly like it would hang if I wore it. I'll have just enough slack that allows me to grab the bottom of the quivers broadhead safety cup and tilt the quiver up so that it lays perfectly horizontal for when negotiation through heavy brush. When I let it go, it naturally falls back into the proper hanging position without any excessive movement. If I needed to dump my pack for a stalk, it takes only a few seconds to unclip and dawn the Arrowmaster to go on foot.

The only thing I dislike is I wish there were an optional cover to go over the opening along the side. This would allow you to wear it like a conventional back quiver drawing over your back. Without such cover, the opening would lay against your back and drawing a scary sharp broadhead across your exposed back would be dangerous. I think such an addition would open the door for even greater flexibility.

later,
Daddy Bear

Offline SilverTip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2008, 10:32:00 AM »
I'm pretty sure that I own just about every quiver made or have owned them at one time. I hunt close to home most of the time and only need a fanny pack to get by. This rascal looks like I can fit everything in one unit and do away with carrying so much bulk. I'm trusting you guys and gett'in one.  :)

Billy
If Jesus Christ guides your arrow, its really hard to miss.  Billy

Offline House

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2008, 02:03:00 PM »
I've been trying everything and not "completely" satisfied with any of them at this point, Cat quivers, back quivers, numerous bow quivers....
Looks like I've got one more to try before I settle.
"Dad I think maybe sometimes you think too much" after an errant shot stump shooting with Cameron, my 5 year old son.

TGMM Family of the Bow
MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline Gary Logsdon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2008, 03:56:00 PM »
I'm going out in a few minutes to take some photos of my new Arrowmaster to illustrate the various features. Seeing some detail may help you guys make a decision:^) Stay tuned.
Gary Logsdon

Offline Gary Logsdon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2008, 05:06:00 PM »
This photo is a little "busy" due to the background, but hey, it's a good breakup pattern.  There is no rattle when I carry these arrows (2 and 3 blade), arrows slip out quietly, plus it rides/stays in place well on my back.  There are 2 storage pockets large enough for an extra armguard, sharpeners, even a small lunch:^) The "storm hood" on mine is longer than most guys will need (Rod sent me an oversize version)since I shoot 33 3/4" arrows including broadhead.  There are more features but I ran out of space!

Gary Logsdon

Offline SilverTip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2008, 07:02:00 PM »
I cant see the pics Gary, but thanks for trying, you just about have to use photobucket.com to post pics here. thanks,
                   Billy

Offline SilverTip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2008, 07:03:00 PM »
now I see it, thanks

Offline Gary Logsdon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2008, 08:02:00 PM »
If you see an "X" box instead of my quiver photos you need to refresh your browser.  It's definitely showing up.  If that doesn't work click on this link:
 http://www.brothersofthebow.com/arrowmaster.jpg
Gary Logsdon

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2008, 08:50:00 PM »
My new Silvertip is just too pretty to slap a quiver on...I think I may have to give the Arrowmaster a GO!

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2008, 08:55:00 PM »
Is the length of the quiver adjustable or will different length arrows all fit in it? That is one problem with my Catquiver in that all my arrows need be very close to the same length to keep enough tension to hold them in the quiver.
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline SHOOTO8S

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2008, 09:20:00 PM »
Gary.....Great photo's, thanks!

owlbait, the standard Arrowmaster handles total arrow lenghts of up to 33''.With the long storm cover, up to 35''...and yes, the arrow's can be of varying lengths.
2004 IBO World Champion

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2008, 10:04:00 PM »
Thank you sir! Does it come with well written instructions on how to use/wear it? I'm a little slow figuring things out   :knothead:
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline BowHuntingFool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: July 26, 2008, 11:25:00 PM »
Great photos Gary! They should put this on their website, excellent work! This just sold me on the quiver, now I REALLY want one! I was wondering how the inside looked on the business end of the arrows! Thanks for going to the trouble!
>>>---Joe Bzura---->

Big River Longbow 66" 52# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 66" 47# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 62" 52# @ 28"
Big River Recurve 60" 48# @ 28"
NewWood Longbow 58" 45# @ 28"

Wisconsin Traditional Archers
      Ojibwa Bowhunters

Offline House

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2008, 11:47:00 PM »
Yeah, the photos helped me quite a bit too, thanks Gary.  Looks like I'll be getting one soon myself.  Hopefully the quest for "THE" hunting quiver is over.  Man I LOVE this site!
"Dad I think maybe sometimes you think too much" after an errant shot stump shooting with Cameron, my 5 year old son.

TGMM Family of the Bow
MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline Gary Logsdon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2008, 01:56:00 AM »
Looks like ol Rod needs to put me on the payroll.  HA!  Naw, no problem.  I know how it is for me; sometimes you just need to see a little more detail to confirm whether a piece of equipment is your cup of tea.  Glad to help.
Gary Logsdon

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2008, 12:06:00 AM »
TTT until I get mine.
Lon Scott

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©