3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Thanks 7th Age Bowhunting!!  (Read 932 times)

Offline Deer Slayer

• Trad Bowhunter
Thanks 7th Age Bowhunting!!
« on: February 21, 2007, 09:23:00 PM »
I had the absolute pleasure of getting to go on 7th Age Bowhunting's "Bowyer Hunt" with Mark Horne this past weekend! Man I could not have asked for a better group of guys to hunt and share a camp with than Curtis Kellar and Mark Horne.
 They took me and my high-strung little huntin buddy under their wing and put up with all of our "greenhorn" hog huntin and archery questions without making us feel like the fish-outa-water Californians we were out there!   :help:  
 I don't get out of Cali very often to hunt but fellas let me tell ya!....Curtis put me and my partner in a hog infested area that you would have to see to believe. No, we didn't harvest any hogs this time boys, mainly due to our lack of experience hunting these amazing critters, but they were all around us every day that we went out. The noses on these hogs is other worldly! The couple times I got close at a shot opportunity they would wind me and the jig was up!(And believe me I was always checking the wind to try and keep it in my favor) I have never seen such a diverse and plentiful population of game in a concentrated area before. I saw Whitetails(ALL over), Hogs(ALL over), Turkeys, raccoons, Armadillos...too many different types of birds to name.

Curtis and Mark both killed hogs though, in fact, Mark Horne was the hog killin machine of the weekend harvesting two nice hogs in a 3 day period. I learned so much just from watching and talking to both Mark and Curtis that next time I'm sure I will do much better. Two truly great guys that REALLY know how to hunt.   :notworthy:   If any of you have ever hunted with Curtis then you already know what I am talking about and if you haven't?, well then you should seriously consider calling him about his hunting packages. He creates any package you want and has access to hunting properties that have every kind of game on them that you could ever want to hunt in TX, and you will be hard pressed to find better hunting anywhere at 7th Ages prices!I am definitely going to go back and hunt with 7th Age Bowhunting again if Curtis will have me! Last weekend was good for my soul! THANKS Curtis Kellar and Mark Horne!!   :clapper:    You guys ROCK!

Offline project mayhem

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Thanks 7th Age Bowhunting!!
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 11:06:00 PM »
That's awesome, glad you had a good time!  JW
Shoot it like you stole it!

Offline Horne's Archery

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 08:35:00 AM »
Deer Slayer,it was great to hunt with you and Mike. The camp life and shooting during the day was a lot of fun.  All in all a great hunt.

Mark

Offline Mechslasher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 01:14:00 PM »
i'm heading to texas to hunt with curis in may.  i can't wait!
"There is beauty and magic in a drawn bow."

Cade (SC)

Offline Brian Halbleib

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 01:19:00 PM »
The first time I hunted with Curtis I was overwhelmed. I was so accustomed to long periods of non-excitement in my northeast deer stands. I was not prepared for game around every sendero bend and multiple opportunities at a time.

Next week will be my third time hunting with Curtis and it is the third time of many more to come. If there are finer folk out there, I've yet to meet them. 7th Age is top notch, just like the fella running the show.

-Brian
 www.bowyersjournal.com

Online PV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 01:33:00 PM »
Awesome Deerslayer. Myself and three other "greenhorns" are hunting one of Curtis's places next weekend.It's going to be a LONG week.

Paul

Offline jgbennett6

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2007, 01:42:00 PM »
well paul if you shoot like you did last weekend then those hogs dont stand a chance. Good luck to you and have a great time.
Smoooooth!!
TGMM - Family of the bow

Offline Deer Slayer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2007, 01:55:00 PM »
Brian, you ain't kiddin! I was like.."look there's some deer!,....wait...there's some hogs,....wait...what the heck was that that just ran behind me in the brush!" I mean your senses are just on red alert overload..lol! Me and my buddy were surrounded in hogs one night walking back from our "spots" on one of the roads heading back to the truck in the dark. They started gruntin and snortin at us and by the time we could ease an arrow on to the string I guess they figured out it was time to leave, but they took their sweet time doing it! They owned the road that night!lol What a RUSH that was. Just excitement at every twist and turn.

Paul, you are gonna have a blast!!!! I'm already tryin to figure out when I'm gonna be able to go back...whenever it is,..it won't be soon enough I can tell ya that!

Mark

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2007, 02:28:00 PM »
Thanks guys! The real rewards in all of what I now find myself doing for a living is being able to experience the excitment over and over again as I relive many of my own experiences through you. It makes it all very worth while. Besides the rewards of the hunt, I also have the unreplacable friendships that I've gained through the hunting experiences that we've shared. I find myself with friends from coast to coast and around the globe. I'll keep trying to secure more and better hunting opportunities as long as you guys keep coming to share in the hunt. See you again soon! CK

Offline hogdancer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2007, 07:17:00 PM »
I'll keep coming, Garanteed!
PBS regular Member,
but most importantly father to my two girls !
The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government _Thomas Jefferson

Online Rick Wiltshire

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2007, 09:19:00 PM »
I am looking forward to the Dryad hunt in March!

Rick

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©