3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 3 piece longbow question  (Read 247 times)

Offline mooseman76

• Trad Bowhunter
3 piece longbow question
« on: July 23, 2008, 10:36:00 PM »
I'm currently looking at the A&H ACS and the Morrison Shawnee 3 piece longbows.  My favorite grip of all time is the Black Widow Asbell grip.  Does anyone know if either of these 2 bows has a grip similar to the Asbell grip?  I understand I can get custom grips, but curious about the stock grips from both companies.  

Other than that some comparisons of both bows will be great.  Do you think the ACS would be less durable with the carbon on the belly instead of the glass as used in the Morrison?  Thanks...Mike

Offline suttoman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 3 piece longbow question
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 06:40:00 AM »
Hey Mike - you are at it again - LOL.  You are as bad as me.  I just ordered another F/F from Jim.  Sorry - this is not topic related, but just thought I would say hi!

Sutto
One hour of life, crowded to the full with glorious action .... is worth whole years of those mean observances of paltry decorum, in which men steal through existence, like sluggish waters through a marsh, without either honor or observation

Offline mooseman76

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 07:07:00 AM »
Hey Sutto, yeah I got it pretty bad  :)   But that is good, right?  I'd have a bow ordered by now if I weren't so concerned with carbon limb durability.  I may just have to swing by Denton Hill this weekend and check out some of the bows there...Mike

Offline DEAN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 09:52:00 AM »
CALL  BOB MORRISON AND tell him what you need?That man can build anything to what you want in a bow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TGMM Family of the Bow
Comptons Traditional Bowhunter

Offline rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 12:05:00 PM »
I think you should go ahead and get one of each or you will always wonder..... :)  trust me, don't ask how i know...

Call & talk to them about your grip...
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline WidowEater

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2008, 12:16:00 AM »
you can probably send them a riser with the grip and they can duplicate it, but they probably each already have one in house since they are trying to keep up with the competition
Silence over speed.  Heavier arrows never hurt.

Offline Pat B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2008, 09:21:00 AM »
I bet you'd be happy with either one !

In other words, it's a can't loose deal..

Offline scriv

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2008, 10:40:00 AM »
I nat speak for the morrison's but I have shot black widows for years and hit everything I could see with them.  I can grab any one of them and shoot it.  Having said that I am shooting my A&H ACS/CX better than I have ever shot in my life, took to the grip right away.  I like the idea of getting one of each though.  :thumbsup:
Shoot strait and have fun!

Toelke Whip
Black Widow PLX
A&H ACS-CX
Hoyt Formula RX

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©