3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: trade events and the hunting bow  (Read 202 times)

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
trade events and the hunting bow
« on: July 24, 2008, 07:49:00 AM »
I'd like to take a second and suggest that if your looking to find that just right for you bow that you take advantage of the trade events that happen around the country like Denton this weekend or Comptons or any other event that has a few venders and lots of sticks that an aspriing archer can try out.

There really is no wrong answer to whats better or which bow shoots easiest.There are average's just like average shoe size but it's not a one size fits all ball game and the only way to truely know whats best for YOU is to actually try several

Venders spend time and money to go to these events and typically don't make much for their time.It's a great way for each of us to explore whats best for us in a bow.

If your shopping for a hunting bow keep in mind where and when you'll be hunting with it 70deg and a T shirt isn't the same as 10 deg sitting still for 5 hrs draw weight is a big factor here.

In the end shooting the bow that give's YOU the most confidence is the best bow for YOU and it has nothing to do with the shape of the tips or the grip or the length or even the materials it's the combination of the archer and all of these things together.So get out here and take advantage buy something while your picking the brain of venders even if it's a pack of field points but take advantage it'll help you and them down the rd

Enjoy your new toy's guys/gals   :bigsmyl:
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: trade events and the hunting bow
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 08:11:00 AM »
great post, this should help all newbies...

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 10:26:00 AM »
I try to help anybody I can new and old alike.

I've also found that even shooting advice isn't a 1 size fits all deal...

I was once given a tip by a world class archer and when I tried it out I shot my best ever half round 139 outta 150 on the indoor NFAA target with my hunting LB 58#s off the shelf.

Not the catcher is when I tried to share this tip I found out and was even told by that same world class archer that not everybody is at the same level and it's hard to offer advice on line without knowing where that archer stands.What may be good advice for an advanced archer may well be not so good for a begining archer.It isn't a 1 size fits all game even when good intentions are ment.

1 more day and I'm Denton bound yeeeeeee haaaaaa
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline mrgreenhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 05:35:00 PM »
i wish i had someone to split the gas with and id be going to tom:(

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©