3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: What it's all about  (Read 143 times)

Offline fingers

• Trad Bowhunter
What it's all about
« on: July 27, 2008, 11:36:00 PM »
I built longbow with only function in mind. I chose ipe backed with hickory in a pyramid design as the best performer for what I need. I targeted 62lbs at final arrival(coming to the string) and achieved it. This bow is and will pull me from the compound ranks. From my first shot I only shot high and that has been the theme all the way out to 40 yd,just a little high because this bow SMOKES! Once in a while something comes along that makes a difference in your pursuit of that certain satisfaction. This bow does that. There was a book by Heilein called "The Glory Road". In that book the main character  was given a bow that "just fit" and hit where he was aiming. I think that that is what bow building is all about.
To build that bow that shoots like you do.

Offline yotekillrr

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What it's all about
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 02:39:00 PM »
congrats to you!

Offline Jim now in Kentucky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 10:33:00 PM »
I share your aim in bow building, though I don't make them that heavy. I make them to shoot without interrupting me with gizmos or even beauty. To me, the beauty is in the utility.

Hope your bow  pleases you for many years to come.
"Reparrows save arrows!"

"But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he that cometh to God must believe that he is and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him." Hebrews 11:6

Offline Hard Head

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 07:03:00 PM »
PIC -PICS - where they at??????????

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©