3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: KAIBAB HUNTING  (Read 314 times)

Offline Gerardo

• Trad Bowhunter
KAIBAB HUNTING
« on: July 29, 2008, 01:28:00 PM »
Is some one hunting Kaibab these year? I am told that I can buy a tag over the counter for a non resident , does some one have more info,

thank you
Gerardo Rodriguez

Offline beachbowhunter

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: KAIBAB HUNTING
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 02:19:00 PM »
I haven't hunted there but it is my understanding that they switched to a draw system for the Kaibab just this year.
Ishi was a Californian                   :cool:

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 02:45:00 PM »
I believe Beachie is correct on that...12s&13s are draw units now along with 10 or so others.  Should help out quite a bit; I heard it was becoming a zoo out there...

Offline Chad Panattoni

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 04:45:00 PM »
Gerardo, The Kaibab is my home away from home. There is no place like it on earth. We've hunted there the last two years and missed some major bucks. I finally got a small buck with my bow on opening day last year with my kids watching me.One of the best days of my life.I felt i was apart of history.And now it went to draw with most tags goin to residents.I missed the draw this year, but i'll hunt the bab  again one day GOD willin. It is well worth the wait
Psalm 18: I love You,Lord,my Strength

Offline Gerardo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 05:16:00 PM »
It must have been great to share the hunt with your kids. Family and friends is what hunting is all about.

So if it is a draw system there is no way of hunting these year?

when can you apply for next year?
Gerardo Rodriguez

Offline Chad Panattoni

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 06:18:00 PM »
Gerardo,no way to hunt this year on the north rim, but you can hunt the south rim of the kiabab.That is 10 9 and 8 i think and they are over the counter for archery.Its alot bigger area so the deer are spred out.water holes are good in az.You can apply next year for the plateu it is well worth it to try.Hek, its a great place to see anyways alot of history.Fred Bear was one of the first modern bowhunter to hunt there, and the north rim of the grand canyon is nice to.
Psalm 18: I love You,Lord,my Strength

Online highcountry

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2008, 11:47:00 PM »
Nope, no majority of tags to AZ. residents. My pink tags will back me up!  Canyonhunter (Jim) was just playing up there, it is in his backyard.  Look up his profile and email him. He knows that country around the canyon very well.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©