3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Rivers West clothing?  (Read 667 times)

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Rivers West clothing?
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2011, 06:13:00 PM »
I really like my Rivers West Gaiters!  :clapper:    :clapper:

Offline wihill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2011, 08:18:00 PM »
I've got a jacket/pant combo set -  the pants hands down are my favorite piece.  I wear them every time I go hunting - every time.  They don't breathe at all, so you need to adjust your layers accordingly.  For walking through soaked tall grass, kneeling in puddles and mud, fording small water, they're just perfect.  I've had them 5 hard seasons, and other than looking a little worn in the knees, they're perfect.  

The coat I'm not enamored with.  I like coats with long tails to cover my rear when I sit/bend over, and their version of a long tail isn't the same as mine.  If it's light rain I'm fine, but if its monsoon season I'll just don a poncho and hunker down.

I don't know how anyone could think this stuff is loud, its the quietest raingear I've found - period.

Now that they've got chaps, I'd go that route I think, but it's sure nice not to worry about what I'm sitting in.

Worth what I paid just for the pants alone.  Now if they'd make a hooded serape I'd be more money out.
Support the sport!

Offline Onions

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2011, 09:50:00 PM »
I agree with a number of the statements here on RW.
I bought a combo two years ago, a Lakota Jkt. get the Stalker Pants free. I really wanted the Jkt, but I figured the pants would be a nice added bonus. After two years  the jkt. has only been in the woods once while, the pants are worn exclusively once the temps get down into the 30's. I love these pants!!! With proper layering I can take low 20 degree weather on the stand (I get cold easy). I really like the zippered vents along the legs for hiking in/out really vents the legs well, avoiding that sauna feeling. Pants are very waterproof, but like stated before they do not breathe. I would not recommand wearing them in temps over 40 esp. if you are on the move. As for quietness, they are not as quite as my Dayone Fleece or wool, but  there are at least a 6 dead michigan whitetails they did not notice! Mine have worn like iron through some nasty stuff, still look good, I also believe b/c of lots of usage a washings, they have gotten quieter.
As for the jkt. I really don't like it. Too short in the back for my taste, sleeves too long, and the chest area is huge on my 5'10" frame. I keep it around for a backup jkt. if needed.
As stated before on other posts I would not take these items on a extended hunt. Unless you could get to a heat source. They do not dry very well. My good friend used a RW jkt. this past season in Alaska. It worked,but he stated that if it had been colder he would have been in trouble b/c the inside of his jkt. was clamy to wet constantly. It did not leak, the moisture was from lack of breathability..."that sauna feeling"

chris <><

Offline gobblegrunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2011, 09:56:00 PM »
I love my Rivers West jacket. Very dry and quiet too. Best of all, I bought it during the off-season for more than 60% off the regular price!
"It's not about inches or antlers..."     ~Bill Langer

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©