3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Singing the praises for Dirty Jane  (Read 254 times)

Offline fingers

• Trad Bowhunter
Singing the praises for Dirty Jane
« on: July 29, 2008, 11:23:00 PM »
I made this bow without adornment, a plain Jane. But I took great care in the tillering of her, an ipe backed with rock elm bow in a pyramid design. 64" long at 62#. I thought I was backing her with hickory but then realized I had used my last piece of rock elm. A tree my father-in-law had cut 30 years ago and had actually saved a board which he graciously gave to me. I stained her brown and glued on a brown handle section so brown on brown on brown. Many times I tillered bows at a desired poundage only to find that when they "came to the string" the poundage was less than I hoped for. Not so with Jane, Dirty Jane. You see she has a dirty little secret, she's a killer. She flat out shoots with deadly accuracy. Nasty one she is. I'll try to take a pic just so you can see her for yourself. And she is FAST! Up till now I was afraid to give up the compound, but not so anymore. My last shot tonight was 40yds and I hit right where I was looking. Oh she is a nasty girl,,,   :archer:

Offline yotekillrr

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Singing the praises for Dirty Jane
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 03:07:00 PM »
cool can't wait 2 c her.  i love nasty girls!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©