3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: The early Season...  (Read 600 times)

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
The early Season...
« on: July 31, 2008, 09:02:00 AM »
Well Jersey's early fall bow season starts in 43 days & a wake-up ( Sept 13, 2008 ) What other States start early and are You going out to hunt. Here in Jersey I know so many ppl crying it's to HOT out to hunt, Guess they never been to Tejas in August, Anyway. I like to hunt the early mornings & early evenings because it's cooler out and there is a water hole not to far from my stands in my one spot.

So My question is, What State, When is Your opener & what game will you be after?

Offline mrgreenhead

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: The early Season...
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 09:20:00 AM »
Deer opens in the northern ny on sept 27 !! Iam ready willing and able so bring it on:)

Offline Stew

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 09:24:00 AM »
PA has an early doe season in some of its more populated management units. I think Sept. 15th this year. I'll be out, mostly sitting and watching. Same time last year I was in the woods for early doe, Saw the biggest buck I've seen in a few years, 150 to 160 class walking the edge of my property. It was 87 degrees and he just mosied through with out a care in the world. Unfortunately, he made a fool of me when late October rolled around.

Offline bluegrassbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 09:24:00 AM »
Ky opens in 36 days(Sept 6) & yes I'll be out there.I'll be chasing deer & turkey,squirrel open Aug 16...I don't worry about the heat to much,if season if open I'm going no matter what the conditions are....lol..
"Life,Liberty & the pursue of deer & turkeys."

Offline Peachey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 09:25:00 AM »
Deer turkey and squirrell starts in Va. on Oct. 4th. I will be going out dont care how hot is is.

Offline tarponnut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 09:28:00 AM »
The part of the Florida Everglades I hunt opens for deer and hogs on Aug 30!!!
It's hot, humid, buggy, and I wouldn't miss it for anything. I generally hunt mornings until about 11:00 am. It's hard to carry enough water to hunt a whole day out there(I hike in).
I'm going on a paid hog hunt this Friday, hoping to video tape my hunt.Rabbits, raccoons, and opposum are open year round so I hope to see some.
The guide told me to bring my bug suit!

Offline bill langer

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 09:42:00 AM »
Connecticut deer starts sept. 15, but we start bear hunting in maine on aug 25, can't get here soon enough. Heat or no heat!!!

Hey tarponnut, been having trouble with my e-mail, thanks for Joaquin's #, good luck on the hog hunt. If you can send me a copy to Po box 317 Barkhamsted CT. 06063 I will try to transfer to mini dv. Good hunting, Bill

Offline tamure

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2008, 09:48:00 AM »
Nevada archery deer season starts... tomorrow!

I'm headed out in about 2 hours. Didn't see many deer when we went scouting this year. I'm just hoping we at least get into some. Probably a spot-and-stalk proposition, which I'm not very good at. It will be interesting, though.    :wavey:
Directions: Hike, camp, hunt, fish, wash, rinse, repeat.

Offline Deadbolt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2008, 09:55:00 AM »
It will be a coin toss whether or not I go...I do all my own butchering and doing a deer up in 90degree weather sux! I hunt for meat and the chance of spoilage is high for me that first month without the walk in cooler but the urge to drop thhat string on a deer may overcome me!!

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2008, 10:09:00 AM »
The Florida opener is Sept 6th. I'll be there but I always worry about my bow delaminating  :-(
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline trapperDave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2008, 10:09:00 AM »
just pack the body cavity with ice to get it cooled down quick. O

Our squirrel season opens Aug 15, Deer Oct 1(urban zones sept 15) here in Indiana

Offline John/Alaska

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2008, 10:40:00 AM »
Caribou, Dall sheep, grizz & wolf around my cabin opens the 10th of Aug & moose the 24th.
John/AK

Offline Alex.B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2008, 10:44:00 AM »
going Elk hunting in Colorado Sept. 14th. I land in Durango at 9:30AM. quick detour to the sporting goods store to get the license and up the mountain I go! I will hunt the afternoon of the 14th, the 15, 16 and 17th all day, and leave the 18th. I'll be back in NY the 20th, but I'll try to go hunt in Jersey at the Water Gap before October, maybe with Bentpole
tgmm, tanj, compton, bha

Offline Hot Hap

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2008, 10:59:00 AM »
Oct. 1 in ILLinois. Hap

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2008, 11:03:00 AM »
My Wyoming elk season starts Sept 1, but if I wanted to hunt prairie goats, lots of areas open in mid August. Deer are Sept 1 as well. Won't be long now  :bigsmyl:
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline Mike Gerardi

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2008, 11:04:00 AM »
Ohio Whitetail(archery)begins 9-27-08to2-1-2009 and squirrel starts 9-1-08 until 1-31-2009.
 And I will be out fightin the heat for whitetail. Don't like to miss out on a day of huntin. Never know when the last day might be.

Offline Huntrdfk@Work

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2008, 11:05:00 AM »
Sept 15th for deer here in NH, and yes, I do hunt early season........I only get 90 days a year to do this, I get out as much as I can.

David

Offline goodolboy94

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2008, 11:38:00 AM »
I alawys get out on opening day which is sept 15 here in missouir it mite be hott hot but i have to wait six months for the start of the season and i dont waste a day crying cuse its too hott im sure the indians didnt hunt just cuse it was hott outside
every mourn brought forth a noble chance, and every chance brought forth a noble knight-wiston churchhill

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2008, 02:15:00 PM »
Great to see others don't mind the heat when it comes to hunting. Good Luck to everyone.

Offline Bonebuster

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2008, 09:53:00 PM »
I live in one of the counties that has a special antlerless season that starts Sept 18-22. Private land only.

Followed by the youth hunt on the next weekend.

I have a ten yr old who will be carrying his bow for the first time, and a thirteen yr old who is already a veteran. I`m sure we will make some memories, and possibly some meat.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©