3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Are ILF risers trad?  (Read 546 times)

Offline blueslfb

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Are ILF risers trad?
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2008, 07:09:00 PM »
After some reflection I think trad is more of a mindset than an equipment choice to a degree.  Trad means something different to everyone on this forum.  My personal definition of trad bows/bowhunting is my HH Wesley Special with a back quiver full of arrows but thats just me.  Like someone said before shoot whatever flips your switch.  Just don't shoot a wheelie and tell me your a trad bowhunter.  Gota draw the line somewhere.

Offline James Wrenn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2008, 07:14:00 PM »
You guys need to thank the wheelbow guys or you would have no trad stuff.Untill they were invented everything was just archery without all the different definitions of everything. :)
....Quality deer management means shooting them before they get tough....

Offline wihill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2008, 07:16:00 PM »
Again, thanks all for the insight and the thoughts.

I've been on the fence between picking up a metal riser or a wood takedown, and the information in this thread certainly isn't making it any easier.

That's a good thing.

I may just have to pick up one of each..  

I certainly enjoy shooting my tradbows, they're quickly becoming my favorites.  I can't cheat them, it's not like my compounds where I can pick it up, pull the release to my anchor, set the pin and the arrow will usually be within an inch of the pin.  I have to work with the 'curve, and practice daily - something I look forward to when I get home from work.   :)

Speaking of which, I think I'm going to go out now..  

:archer:
Support the sport!

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2008, 08:11:00 PM »
Here's what I posted on another site concerning the term "traditional"....

For those of us that cut our "archery teeth" in the 50's and 60's BC (before compounds) the word did not exist....it was bows (a stick with a string) and arrows (wood, aluminum. fiberglass and steel) in those days. And mostly we worried about becoming better shots so when someone came up with a "gadget" or new way of aiming it was all OK unless it didn't work. All the term really means and its only real significance is to differentiate between "stickbow" shooters and compound shooters...that's all it will ever mean to those of us who know the whole story and actually lived thru it. All the stuff that gets thrown in the discussion is not much different that all the stuff that compound shooters put on their bows. In other words, those who would really like "traditional" to be "traditional" (i.e. simple) make it more complicated (less simple) by throwing out inane and meaningless rhetoric about what they think it should mean. So let's keep it simple...just do away with the concept and simply understand that archers have options, all the way from "primitive" tackle to modern tackle (i.e. compounds) remembering all the time it is not the weapon that makes the hunter ethical or a sportsman...it's really a question of one's character....that my friends ( the character thing) is the traditional thing that separates the good guys from the "other" guys.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline Rico

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2008, 01:47:00 AM »
Check with the organization that is holding the Trad event the rules vary.

Offline BD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2008, 02:55:00 AM »
Love my gamemaster-one of the few best shooting tradbows I have ever shot and I've shot a lot of them. Would prefer to shoot wood, but the GM2 outperforms and outshoots most of my wood curves.
BD

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©