3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Yet (another) arrow choice thread...!  (Read 208 times)

Offline Kyodai

• Trad Bowhunter
Yet (another) arrow choice thread...!
« on: July 31, 2008, 10:32:00 PM »
Much oblidged, TD'ers.

I'm shooting a longbow cut about 1/16th from center, 48#@26".  Until now I've been shooting cedars fairly well (50-60 spined, 28" BOP, 125 gr point) but would really like to give carbons a try.  Been reading every thread I could on the subject, and I think I'm more confused than ever!

I've settled on either CE Heritage or just biting the bullet and getting some AD Trad Lites.  My questions are thus:

1. If I'm shooting a fairly high performance longbow with a FF string (Blacktail Columbian), would I be OK with CE 150's?  I was thinking CE 150's would allow me to stay with a 125gr BH, and possibly get to lose a little length on the arrows.

2.  I'd love some input from other carbon shooters with short draw lengths (26-27") on what setups work well for you to get me in the ballpark.

3.  Are the AD arrows REALLY that easy to tune?  I  keep hearing that there are folks shooting them out of multiple bows of varying poundages and they just seem to fly right.

I appreciate your time and look forward to your responses.

Spencer
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind."---Fred Bear

Offline Kyodai

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Yet (another) arrow choice thread...!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 12:17:00 AM »
Shameless ttt...
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind."---Fred Bear

Offline Paul Mattson

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 12:47:00 AM »
If you have settled on a CX Heritage, the 90's would be a better choice.  The AD's are no easier to tune in than any other shaft. Most carbon arrows can be shot from various bows, they have have a wide spine range.

Offline Apex Predator

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 06:24:00 AM »
I agree with the 90s.  Mine still likes a bunch of weight up front though.  I normally need a weaker spine than most.  I have an 86 grain insert and 250 grain point on the end of my 90s out of 50@27 longbows.  These are 1/8-3/16" from center.
I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegetables!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©