3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: hunting Europe  (Read 2124 times)

Offline Zenzele

• Trad Bowhunter
hunting Europe
« on: February 22, 2007, 09:02:00 PM »
Hey gang! First things...what a great site!! Spend most of the time reading!!  :thumbsup:  
Hunting Africa was really cool, looking at visiting the US Next year!! However between now and then I'd  like to  hunt closer to home... Do you guys have any tips on where in europe to go and how much to pay? Spain, Latvia, France???? Any contacts would be appretiated!  :notworthy:
'It's better to have less thunder in the mouth, and more lightning in the hand.' - Apache proverb

Offline John3

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: hunting Europe
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 10:07:00 PM »
Call Michael, he was setting up hunts in Europe as of last summer. I am sure he could point you in the right direction.

http://www.going-hunting.com/index.htm

John III
"There is no excellence in Archery without great labor".  Maurice Thompson 1879

Professional Bowhunters Society--Regular Member
United Bowhunters of Missouri
Compton Life Member #333

Offline Steve H.

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 10:51:00 PM »
Countries open to bowhunting includes:  France, Spain, Estonia, and a few other Eastern countries.  I probably forgot a few.  I think a few Scandies are open too, maybe all three?

There exists a website that has contacts for various countries.  Check on this site but it may have been on the bowsite?

Offline Steve H.

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 10:54:00 PM »

Offline KrEn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 07:11:00 AM »
Denmark, Finland, France, Spain, Turkey, Hungary

NOT Norway or Sweden, Sweden has had a limited "test" season that was successful, but the authorities are procrastinating.
Norway, we are struggling (some are hunting anyway, no doubt, in silence), but the large main hunting organisation is basically against bowhunting.

Turkey and Hungary is "come and shoot"
Fin, France, Spain require IBEP certification
Denmark has their own #¤!"%!@$£ rigorous shooting test.. But i am getting there. Pisses me off living 2 1/2h boatride away.

Dennis Kamstra of Bowhunting Safari Consultants has a setup in Turkey, he claims it is real good. Had pics of some insanely large hogs..

Zenzele, if you plan on going somewhere in Europe and want company, let me know. I have been wanting to go but never gotten on with it.
And, if you want to gunhunt, i can probably help you, here in Norw.

K
-You see something, just whack it"

Offline Zenzele

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2007, 08:12:00 AM »
Thanks, definitly check that out!! what about prices, have heard that you pay by the kilo. is that true could end up being quite expensive!! Again thanks for the info any other tips??
'It's better to have less thunder in the mouth, and more lightning in the hand.' - Apache proverb

Offline KrEn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2007, 08:49:00 AM »
Z, i sent you a PM.

K

Offline Stag

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2007, 01:12:00 PM »
Price? Extremely expensive! At least in Spain. Quite a lot American people come to Spain every year. Their first goal is Spanish Ibex. Wild boar is also possible but it is a time consuming task for being as a tourist. I think for foreing people probably is not compulsery to have IBEP certification. I you surf in internet you will find some outfitter over here, that´s for sure!

It is a pity no being able to hunt in UK. I was last fall on hunting (muntjacs and roe deer) and  found great conditions for bow hunting.

Kind regards

Stag

Offline Steve H.

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2007, 03:59:00 PM »
I made an embarrassing statement yesterday: "I think a few Scandies are open too, maybe all three?

FOUR, duhhh, dum American!  LOL.

I think maybe Turkish hogs are by cm of tusk??

What is confusing when you look at outfitter pages is if pricing is a "buisiness" price or a legal "Government" price.

Does anyone know if it is possible (legal) to do "Chasse Libre" in either Turkey or Hungary or any other European country for that matter?

Offline KrEn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2007, 05:18:00 PM »
Steve,

no you are right. Finland does not count as Scandinavia, so it is 3, Sweden, Norway, Denmark.

And Turkish hogs are by cm of tusk, according to Kamstra. The small ones are cheap, but if you take a big one youre ruined...

What is "chasse libre"?

K

Offline Steve H.

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2007, 08:17:00 PM »
"Chasse Libre" mean hunting by your own arrangements and on your own rather than an outfitted and guided affair.

Legal in many French/former French colonies.  The French did good on that concept!

So, I am curious, may I just "show up", secure a permit and make my own arrangemmets to hunt in any countries?  I am most interested in eastern Europe (Romania, Bulgaria, etc.), Turkey, Estonia (I have been to Latvia but bowhunting is not allowed).

Offline Kevin Bahr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2007, 12:17:00 AM »
Is any bowhunting allowed in Italy?  We may do our "25th" over there in a few short years...

Offline Steve H.

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2007, 01:42:00 AM »
Go to the link I provided above and select "Members".

Then select the country of choice, some will have a link and some will not.  Italy does and indicates bowhunting is legal but it appears to be a bit limited.

France is one of the best choices to bowhunt Europe from what I know and have been told.

Offline Kevin Bahr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2007, 10:20:00 AM »
Thanks, Steve buddy.  22 days left?

Offline Steve H.

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2007, 11:30:00 AM »
22 days and 22 cents.  

Papa Kevie please send money!!!

Offline Frenchymanny

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2007, 07:18:00 PM »
Chasse libre means free hunt(in the general meaning of unregulated, unorganized)

F-Manny
Coureur des Bois
Big Jim: Buffalo Bows 62" 60@27 & 65@27 ThunderChilds 56" 62@27 & 62@27 Desert BigHorn 59@27
ML, Shrew &TC Knives
With a sturdy bow, a true shaft, and a stout heart, we journey forth in
search of adventure.

Dr. Saxton Pope

Offline Zenzele

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2007, 09:04:00 PM »
Anybody from France with some hunting info?? Thats the only place I have'nt heard from??

Offline Nordjagd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2007, 02:13:00 PM »
In Finland you need only a normal hunting license
to hunt with a bow.Nothing more.Hunting license is about 25€/year and the land owners permission
(State or Private).For one Day small game is cost about 5-15€.

Offline Trad Man 25

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2007, 04:45:00 PM »
Nordjagd,

Im in Finland at the moement, Im originally from York/England,

How do i find where the State land is in Finland, as i dont now any Landowners,

Thanks

James,

Ps, there are not many Bowhuntes, or Archers in Finland, and even harder to meet, do you have any ideas for tracking some down,  :)

Offline foudarme

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2007, 06:07:00 AM »
in France, the hunting period begins on the first june for the male roe deer; and in september for the other big games.
The hunting period stops at the february end's ...there is no date differences' between the bow and the rifle seasons...
hunting requires an hunting license (the foreign ones are allowed but must to recieve an agrement) that you can validate (by paying some contributions) for different periods and region (expensive but not too much).
After you can go either in an estate forest with estate agents and buy a tag (very expensive)and try to kill our french deers and mountain sheeps; on private lands with private guides and buy a tag (expensive) or to be invited by a communal hunting society member's (very inexpensive, but few walk and stalk opportunities)...
hunting in my country is not perticulerly for the rich people but costs however some money...as everywhere...my annual hunting budget for licenses is around 1100 usd for hunting in 3 different communal hunting societies with 2 personal roe deers tags..

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©