3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New AD Hammerheads are in  (Read 475 times)

Offline Ted Fry

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: New AD Hammerheads are in
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2008, 01:12:00 PM »
Go Curtis Go , your the man .
Piggy testing , gotta love it!

Offline Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2008, 11:42:00 AM »
Ted... we'll be chasing those goat before you know it and I'm looking forward to it. Vance is watching movement closely and seein some patterns.
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2008, 01:49:00 PM »
I'm fletching mine today.....
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline bm22

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2008, 04:32:00 PM »
:eek:   420 grain raw 32" shaft, thats 13.125 grains per inch    :eek:    

hopefully they are really beefed up at the front.
what is the FOC of an arrow 32 in. arrow with 200 grain up front.

the shafts i am shooting now have 285 up front with a 21.44% FOC. with  13.125 gpi i would have to add 420 grains up from to achieve 21.64% FOC, that is a 840 grain arrow out of a 58 lb. bow, they may be tough as  railroad spikes but that is WAY too much arrow.

i am wondering if that 13.125 is an average grain per inch. or if it is 13 gpi for the whole arrow.

what weight Finished arrow do you have to have to achieve 20% FOC?

Offline Lewis Brookshire III

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2008, 04:40:00 PM »
One thing to take into account is the AD's already have a bit of FOC to a certain extent because its tapered and the new Hammerhead is even more so because they beefed up the front end so it wont take as much point weight to add to the FOC.
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose."
- Jim Elliot: Missionary/Martyr.

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2008, 05:04:00 PM »
Add to that a 75gr brass insert and a 300 gr. Xtrem  

If I can't get her through, they'll know I was around  :goldtooth:

Offline bm22

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2008, 09:40:00 PM »
yes lewis, thats why i asked how the 13.125 gpi was distributed.

i am still looking for the 550 -600 grain arrow with 25% foc. that is still pretty durable.

Offline Ted Fry

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2008, 01:05:00 PM »
Yes BM22 most of the weight is in the front 9".
Basically this is a standard AD Traditional with a built up front end.
Yes Vance these do hit with authority bud.
Still some left guys , dont drag your feet as we are getting closer to hunting season and arrow orders pile up . Not to mention we will be closed part of Sept. for , you guessed it , hunting.

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2008, 07:59:00 PM »
Ted,

For those of us who are not going to get around to ordering new arrows until after September, are you going to be getting more AD Heavies in through the fall? Also, do the brass inserts that fit the Trads also fit the Heavies? Do you recommend the brass nock inserts for the AD shafts? I assume you have all the inserts in stock? I will be shooting about a 31" arrow with a 29 1/2" draw length out of bows that run about 50 to 60 pounds. Will the heavies work well in my situation, do you think? What tip weight have you found that would work well for me, if you know? Sorry for all of the questions, but probably some others are in a similar situation and would like to know these things too.

Thanks,
Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Ted Fry

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2008, 12:45:00 AM »
Allan , feel free to call the store and ask all the questions you want, I talk better than I type.
Yes to most of your questions other than the nock insert , these are aluminum and yes we carry them .
The nock insert will also work for those that like to use the G nock . We do carry the brass insert for the front that adds 100 grains more to make a 600+ grain arrow. The nice thing with the Hammer head is that with a 125 grain point and an aluminum insert you can achieve a mid 500 grain depending on length of shaft . This is something we do plan to carry on through the year, from the reports I have been getting from the testers this is going to be a popular arrow shaft.

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2008, 10:27:00 PM »
Thanks Ted. I appreciate the information. I will be out of town until the end of the month, so I will call around the first part of September if you aren't out hunting then.

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2008, 11:31:00 PM »
Ted,
Save me a couple of dozen. I will be by your shop in a couple of weeks. Those look like winners!
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2008, 01:32:00 PM »
Ted,

I've been away for past two weeks. I shot those shafts a bunch at Denton. Shot them out of 64# longbow with 300gr up front they flew perfectly. Same out of 75# longbow same results. Looking forward to trying them on game soon. Thanks!
hunt it

Offline Daddy Bear

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2008, 08:45:00 AM »
What is the current outside diameter(.000") of the Hammerhead at the business end? Does it utilize a different insert with a wider shoulder than the AD Trads?? I currently use a 100grain steel adapter with the Grizzly for the AD Trad. I foot the AD Trad as well as foot the smaller diameter base of the steel adapter with matching 2413 shafting. This fills the gap and removes any shoulder which gives me a smooth and seemless transition from the Grizzly ferule to the footing to the AD shafting. I'd like to know if the Hammerhead creates a shouldered step and gap behind the Grizzly and adapter of greater diameter than the foot I currently use.

I'd like to see someone produce a one piece brass combination insert/adapter that would provide the proper weight while making for a simple and solid one piece unit to transition from the Grizzly ferule to the AD shafting.

later,
Daddy Bear

Offline longbowray

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2008, 06:17:00 PM »
got my arrows a few days back they shoot great out of my 54lb bob lee there 586gr with 175 tip 30in. bop
BOWHUNTTER FOR LIFE

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©