3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: recurve sight  (Read 278 times)

Offline rugerbh103

• Trad Bowhunter
recurve sight
« on: August 02, 2008, 12:22:00 AM »
I am trying to help a buddy set up a recurve and he insist on a sight. Does anyone know where to find one of the old style sights that came on the early compounds. You know flat steel with four or five pins. I think this will look the best as it is simple. Everything we find in the shops is bulky and would look terrible. Thanks.

Offline sweet old bill

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: recurve sight
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 05:43:00 AM »
There are several bow shops in your area and I am sure you will find one that still has the old type of fixed pin sight... or for about a 20 dollar bill get a 3 pin sight that has the fiber optic type sight pins..that will work well for him. NOw again if he is going to use sights he sure than had better also set the bow up with a raised arrow rest and make sure he hold the bow straight up and with no kant to the bow, and must make sure he comes to the same draw point ( full extention) and solid ancor. You had in town a great archery club, I would suggest he check it out, go to the goggle search and check out VBA clubs under NFAA VA....should be about 3 clubs within a 1/2 hour drive i.e. cub run manassas, winchester archers and also front royal archers...let us know how you make out...

signed BIll a old 66 red neck from Manassas now living in the big woods of upstate NY....
you should see how I use to shoot
Sand dune archers Myrtle beach SC
Senior archers of Oneonta NY

Offline rugerbh103

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 06:39:00 PM »
This  may be a stupid question, but I am new at this. I understnad holding the bow straight up and down. Why can't you use sights and shoot off the self? Thanks for any help.

Offline wihill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 11:59:00 PM »
I use a sight and shoot off the shelf.  No problems as long as I do my part with a steady anchor.
Support the sport!

Offline Tom I.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2008, 06:28:00 AM »
I have a sight that came off of a Bear Blackbear
compound that you're welcome to....just need an address...
Tom Ireland
Hagerstown, MD

Offline donw

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2008, 10:57:00 AM »
you can do doggone near anything you want to...

i shoot a recurve off the shelf, with a mechanical release aid but no sights...

IF i were to use a sight, it would be a single pin fibre optics.

IF you cant your bow, and use a multi pin sight simply adjust the pins to the angle of the cant...
i was told by a sales person, when purchasing an out-of-date newpaper that it was out-of-date...

i told her "i've been told i'm out-of-date, too"...

does that mean i'm up-to-date?

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2008, 02:59:00 PM »
My first recurve sight was a hatpin taped to the front of the riser   :thumbsup:
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline Don Stokes

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2008, 03:32:00 PM »
I tried it years ago, but I learned pretty quickly that my shooting style had too much variation for there to be any advantage to it. For me a sight is only good for standing up straight and shooting at targets with the same stance every time.
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.- Ben Franklin

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©