3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Practice  (Read 133 times)

Offline Friends call me Pac

• Trad Bowhunter
Practice
« on: August 02, 2008, 09:16:00 PM »
I was just wondering how often you folks practice and how long?  My sessions have been every day in the backyard.  I shoot around 25 arrows in about 30 minutes.   I just started about two weeks ago and I'm real good at 15 yards and have been working on 20 yards this week.  What a difference 5 yards makes for me.

I was looking at my apple tree while taking a break and noticed the apples were about as big as the piece of paper plate I was shooting at.  I saw my wife watering her plants and asked if she would put one of the apples on her head and let me try a William Tell shot but she declined.  She didn't even look at my nice grouping on the hay bale before answering.
USAF Retired '85-'05

An old hand me down recurve sparked the fire, Trad Gang fanned the flames.  There is no stopping now.  Burn baby burn!

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Practice
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 09:25:00 PM »
I'll practice the first shot & then work on form every shot after that. I'll shoot for about 15 minutes +/- I'll do this from the ground, Then in both tree stands ( different highs )

Offline Cool Springer

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Practice
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 10:53:00 PM »
I shoot about 4 days a week.  I have 3 3D targets and a square bag target which I use to practice form.  
For form, I shoot from about 8 yards.  I focus on the center of the bag, then close my eyes, come to full draw and release.  You can really "feel" the anchor and release when you are not looking at the target.
I'm also lucky enough to have some great friends (The Cool Springs Gang) who I shoot with almost every Monday night.  I really think it helps one's shooting when you can shoot with others regularly. We have a blast!!
Javaman Elkheart, 58", 51 @ 30
Foley Longbow 53 @ 30
Allegheny Mountain Recurve 53 @ 29
Allegheny Mountain Recurve 61 @ 29

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©