3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Delaware Trad Gangers  (Read 384 times)

Offline Recurve50 LBS

• Trad Bowhunter
Delaware Trad Gangers
« on: August 03, 2008, 03:35:00 PM »
I have friends that live down in Seaford DE and I am thinking of re locating my family to their area. Is there any good public places to bow hunt and how difficult is it to find private places to hunt? I've never hunted farm land like there is in Delaware, how much diffrent is it than hunting the hardwoods of north NJ?

Are there any Trad Gangers in the area of Seaford. Are there any good traditional bow shops I could go to?

Thanks for any info
Larry W.

Member TANJ

NRA Life Member

56" 45#@28" Thunder Stick Mag
62" 45#@28" Turkey Creek Longbow
1966 42#@28" Bear Grizley

Offline Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Delaware Trad Gangers
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 03:55:00 PM »
Larry,  Well just about 20 minutes away from Seaford here in Maryland is a couple places to hunt Public land and both areas are each aprox. 3400 acres +/- an acre ....Idlewild is an old favorite of mine and is is very near delaware lines and the other is just over Marshy Hope bridge on North Terra road and it is just opened a few years back...Both areas are about 10- 20 minutes away from my home...Heck there is two houses on my road that are up for sale so if you are looking to buy they are about 1 mile from my home and Seaford Del. is just around the corner about a 1/2 hr. away.....God Bless, Keefers <")))><

Online Bob Palmer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 07:27:00 PM »
Larry, It's a great area! Lots of Public WMAs near Seaford...Nanticoke, Midlands, Marshey Hope, and Old Furnace. (http://www.fw.delaware.gov/Hunting/Pages/HuntingMaps.aspx) In addition, some really great (1000's of acres) State Forest property a town or two over! Add in the Industrial Forest Lands (private ground rented for public hunting!!! Even some bowhunting only property just south in one of the State Parks!

In nearby Maryland, there is even more ground within an hour or so ride...icluding some fantastic free range Sika hunting!

It's very diverse habitat...ag lands, pine plantations, river bottoms, hardwood ridges, swamps and marshes!

Archery shops are limited and I don't know of any Trad shops!

Private ground is available...tough but available! Lots of leases and hunt clubs (small and large!)

Good luck if you decide to move!
"Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground."
- Anonymous

Offline JimDE

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 08:38:00 PM »
BobP I wondered where you went .... Haven't seen you on SOL in a long time.  How are ya?

Recurve 50 I am in the Northern part of the state and have never needed to go south to hunt so my knowledge is limited. I am sure BobP and the others have given you good info and another ganger "Plug" will most likely ring in on this post as well and he too is an avid stickbow hunter from the south. Harrington has a 3D shoot down there once a month and would also be a good source of info as well

Offline Recurve50 LBS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2008, 10:48:00 PM »
Thanks for the info guys. The move may be a year or two away yet but it's in the planning stages. Housing don't seem as expensive as NJ and the taxes, what can I say.

The land down there sure looks like it should hold some possible monster whitetails. I've seen some deer down there eating in the fields but zipping past on Rt 13 it's hard to judge the sizes of the animals. Besides my friends that live there aren't hunters and don't know a thing about hunting either.
Larry W.

Member TANJ

NRA Life Member

56" 45#@28" Thunder Stick Mag
62" 45#@28" Turkey Creek Longbow
1966 42#@28" Bear Grizley

Online Bob Palmer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 10:35:00 AM »
Jim,
I'm good...just busy! Still slinging the long rod?
- Anonymous

Offline JimDE

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 03:42:00 PM »
When I am surf fishing a TH rod is always with me Bob ... Just bought a Titan with carbon Extreme BF limbs so I have been focused on tuning and shooting it more than fishing. Maybe Plug, you and I can meet up and fish or shoot a 3D round together?

Online Bob Palmer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2008, 08:55:00 AM »
Jim, Sounds good!
- Anonymous

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©