3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: zwickey black diamond 170 grain screw in model???  (Read 381 times)

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
zwickey black diamond 170 grain screw in model???
« on: August 03, 2008, 09:57:00 PM »
does the zwickeys come in a screw in model...i'd rather not have to use a adapter...thanks..How easy are these heads to sharpen
TGMM Family of the Bow

"There's a race of men that dont fit in, A race that can't stay still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will"  Robert Service

Offline Bmac

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: zwickey black diamond 170 grain screw in model???
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 10:15:00 PM »
According to the Kustom King catalog they have 2 blade models in 135, 160 and 170 grains. 3 packs for $12.25-$14.95  No idea on sharpening.

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 12:42:00 PM »
Pretty certain that all those  heads use adapters, whether you install them or they do at the factory.
ChuckC

Offline acolobowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 10:25:00 AM »
They come with screw in adapters installed or you can buy the heads and install your own.  I have been shooting them for over 30 yrs.  The are easy to sharpen.  I start with a mill bastard file and put a longer bevel on them.  Then I go to the stones.  I mounted 2 stones on a 10 degree cut 2x4.  Finish off with a crock stick or leather barber strop.  You will be shaving the hair off your arms in no time ( for a test ).

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©