3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Cool new flashlight  (Read 1459 times)

Offline Toecutter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Cool new flashlight
« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2008, 10:25:00 PM »
Any way to order by phone??  My "need it now" gene just hates to wait for the form to be mailed in, and then wait for the item to be shipped back.
 I hold you all responsible, If you hadn't talked it up so much I could easily handle the wait.
 Nathan
"To be what we are, and to become what we are capable of becoming, is the only end of life." RLS

Offline Gene Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2008, 11:05:00 PM »
I try to ship orders the same day they come in but because of post office hours, they usually go out the day after we get the order. Phone orders are not much faster than email.
Those of you who had batteries back ordered, note we got hundreds in yesterday. They were all mailed out this kmorning. Thanks for being patient. All Alaskan orders have already been shipped.

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2008, 11:17:00 PM »
I got mine in 2 days from regular mail..Brothers of the Bow is as fast as 3Rivers:)....I strongly advise the headband...great light
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Offline sticknstring_AK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2008, 12:43:00 AM »
Woot, thanks Gene   :thumbsup:   I can't wait to get mine in.  

Thanks for offering a great product at a great price   :archer:

Steve
"PETA=People for the Eating of Tasty Animals" unknown

Offline DAGATOR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2008, 01:26:00 AM »
Just ordered mine! Looking forward to a great new tracking light.
Clay

Offline Nala

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2008, 01:31:00 AM »
I have read LOTS of GREAT reviews about the Fenix brand of lights.  It seems they have caught and passed the BIG names of the Flashlight world like Surefire and Streamlight if for no other reason than PRICE!  NO WAY you would get that kind of performance out of one of the BIG NAMES for the price this thing is being sold for.

I have a few different lights and one LED, the 3 AA cell Mini Mag.  It is a surprising light that works very well for the money.  I like it.  I know it's no where near this one though.

One thing I would like to know is how far will it throw a beam?  With my 60 Lumen XENON lights I can easily illuminate an object at 100 yards or so.  With my 3 AA cell Mini Mag that distance probably comes down to maybe 30 yards.  The LED lights have caught XENON in terms of brightness up close, but the LED's I have checked out can't throw a beam nearly as long as a comparable XENON bulb.

Can anyone attest how far this great little light will project a beam?  On it's HIGHEST setting, how far could you shine it on something where you could recognize what it was?

Thanks for the info.

Nala

Offline Morning Star

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2008, 08:58:00 AM »
Looks pretty slick.  Wonder how they take heat, looks like it'd make a good work light for me to.
Iowa Bowhunters Association - Your voice in Iowa's bowhunting and deer hunting issues!

Offline Tom Leemans

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2008, 09:33:00 AM »
Just an FYI for everyone... I looked around, and this is as good a price as you'll find for this light.
Got wood? - Tom

Offline Gene Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: August 14, 2008, 12:54:00 PM »
Nala asked how far it can project a beam to identify something. How far is the moon? :>)
   If I get time, I'll go out in the yard tonight after dark and see how far I can read a newspaper with the light coming in over my shoulder. It lights up a sign WAY up the road from my house but that sign is reflective. Let me put it this way, its all the light I'll ever need for hunting and its not much bigger than my finger.

Offline sticknstring_AK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2008, 01:22:00 PM »
I can't wait to get mine in.

thanks again   :notworthy:

Steve
"PETA=People for the Eating of Tasty Animals" unknown

Offline Gene Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: August 15, 2008, 12:13:00 AM »
Well I went outside just now (11:10PM). The moon was behind heavy cloud cover so it was very dark out. I had my wife shine the flashlight at me from behind. I could read a newspaper (standard print, not headlines) quite easily from what I paced off as 67 long paces. I'm sure I could have gone further but I ran out of lawn and didn't want to get wet.

Offline Aggie1993

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: August 15, 2008, 12:39:00 AM »
WOW!
Phil 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."

Kempf Trophy Hunter 58" 51@28
Kempf Kwyk Styk 58" 51@28
Kempf Kwyk Styk 58" 54@28
Kempf Trophy Hunter 58" 51@28

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: August 15, 2008, 06:20:00 AM »
67 LONG paces?  who did that for you?
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline Barry Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2008, 08:40:00 AM »
I tried to do it alone. When I held the light and put the newspaper out there I couldn't read it much past about six feet away because the print got too small. bw

Offline Full Quiver II

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2008, 09:14:00 AM »
Couldn't stand not trying one out for myself! Purchased mine this morning. I have been a big streamlight scorpion fan for many years. Until now, it is the only fashlight I use. So, we'll see how the fenix light compares. Looks like it offers everything we hunters could ask for in a light.
Psalm 127:3-5
TBOF - Trad. Bowhunters of Florida
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline NoCams

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: August 15, 2008, 09:22:00 AM »
Quiver,
Let us know how they compare, we have used a Streamlight Scorpion for the past two years too. Love the 80 lumens, but hate the 1.5 hr battery life. We use it on momentary when we can to conserve. Walk in with a LED headlamp and use the Scorpion to sort things out if ya get a little turned around or lost for a moment. Scorpion will light up your stand hanging on a tree when you are 50 yds away and cannot see it with the LED headlamp and save you from, "searching ", for your stand those last 50yds or so.

nocams
TGMM  Family of the Bow
"Failure to plan is planned failure"

Offline Barry Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: August 15, 2008, 03:13:00 PM »
For all you guys who use regular headlamps, because the Main Beam is only a couple oz. it'll ride perfectly in the optional headband. Watch the demo tape. Also note the longevity of the different lumens/brightness options. I've had guys tell me they wear two units with headbands, one on each side of their foreheads, for an incredible amount of light for hours. And when it gets daylight you can actually carry both lights AND both headbands in one shirt pocket. Very impressive. bw

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: August 15, 2008, 03:41:00 PM »
Barry- What’s all this lumen talk?  Every one knows the lumen is the large intestine and can be used for sausage casings. :>)   Mike

Offline Matabele

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: August 15, 2008, 03:48:00 PM »
Can anyone tell me if this light is available with a pocket clip option? Internet connection is too slow to view the YouTube video. I find this feature quite handy on flashlights. Thanks.

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: August 15, 2008, 03:56:00 PM »
Barry, i really like that 2 headlight on one headband idea. That way you could mount one facing forward and the other facing backwards. This way you can turn around real Quick and see where you have been.  :rolleyes:  also people following you will not know if your walking right at them or backwards real fast.
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©