3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Cool new flashlight  (Read 1460 times)

Offline sticknstring_AK

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Cool new flashlight
« Reply #80 on: August 18, 2008, 08:10:00 PM »
Just got mine in today, first impression is that it is the best dang flashlight I ever owned.  

One question though, how do you attach the lanyard?

I can't wait to test it out in the dark.

thanks Gene   :notworthy:  

Steve
"PETA=People for the Eating of Tasty Animals" unknown

Offline Aggie1993

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: August 18, 2008, 08:38:00 PM »
Good question Steve. Any help on this one?
Phil 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."

Kempf Trophy Hunter 58" 51@28
Kempf Kwyk Styk 58" 51@28
Kempf Kwyk Styk 58" 54@28
Kempf Trophy Hunter 58" 51@28

Offline Curveman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: August 18, 2008, 10:12:00 PM »
Yeah, I took a "twisty tie", made it into a "U", put the string hole on it, then pushed both ends of the twisty "U" through the hole in the flashlight handle then pulled the tie/string through. OR you can catch the point of a pin on the thread then push it through. I hope that helps.
Compliance Officer MK,LLC
NRA Life Member

Offline Barry Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: August 18, 2008, 10:59:00 PM »
Thanks Curveman/Steve. Great idea. I always knew you were a lot smarter than you look! BW

Offline sticknstring_AK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: August 18, 2008, 11:05:00 PM »
Great flashlight Barry, I can't say enough about it.  I'll give a full report on how it preforms in real hunting conditions when I get back from my "vacation" hunting trip.

Shipping out on the 31st, I can't wait.

Steve
"PETA=People for the Eating of Tasty Animals" unknown

Offline Barry Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #85 on: August 19, 2008, 09:51:00 AM »
Thanks Steve. We appreciate the feedback. It's nice to be able to recommend something when it's a good value and a great product for our brother bowhunters. Have a good hunt. BW

Offline Chris O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #86 on: August 19, 2008, 01:17:00 PM »
at just under two hours @ the 215 lumens its still beating almost every other light. My surefire 9P puts out 120 with 3 of those batteries and only gets an hour which is the standard for most powerful lights. I wish I could get one in time for my hog hunt this weekend.

Offline kcdaniels

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #87 on: August 19, 2008, 02:25:00 PM »
Just put in order for the whole thing! headband,red lens, extra batterys.
I'm always getting lost in those WV mountains  :scared:  

Dan

Offline Full Quiver II

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #88 on: August 19, 2008, 03:11:00 PM »
Well, GREAT customer service. Ordered two lights late last week and they arrived Monday afternoon. First impression is the Fenix is light weight, fits well in the hand, and unbelivably powerful. I like having the option of low light versus "intense" Turbo Mode. This light appears to have a college degree and is likely smarter than most of its users.  :)  Head band works well too. I'll keep the Streamlight as my backup and the Fenix is now my GO TO light!
Psalm 127:3-5
TBOF - Trad. Bowhunters of Florida
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #89 on: August 19, 2008, 08:20:00 PM »
I have given mine a whirl for 4 nights now and I just ordered another one. I don't need it but I'm scared of losing the first one...CYA..
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Offline Dale Hajas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #90 on: August 20, 2008, 05:18:00 PM »
I just got mine and this puppy ROCKS!!
"So long as the new moon returns in Heaven a bent, beautiful bow,
so long will the fascination of archery keep hold the hearts of men"

Offline kcdaniels

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #91 on: August 22, 2008, 05:05:00 PM »
WOW!!! Ordered mine on the 19th and received it today!!

Ive got to say that it lives up to the hype then some  :thumbsup:  

Dan

Offline Mint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #92 on: August 27, 2008, 11:52:00 AM »
I just got mine and it looks like it will be a big help bloodtrailing hogs this winter in Florida. I go with a group of friends and there is always a couple of marginal hits that we need to bloodtrail through the thick brush at night. The only hope you have is a good flashlight and I've had my stinger go out after following up for an hour and had to go to another flashlight. This flashlight will let me carry one bloodtriling instead of the three I've been carrying since they wouldn't last more than an hour.
The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.

Samuel Adams

NYB Life Member
NRA Life Member

Offline Rick McGowan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #93 on: August 27, 2008, 12:48:00 PM »
The more I pay for a flashlight the faster it disappears, I buy a cheap one and I have it until I decide its time to throw it away. I don't know where all my flashlights have gone, but I hope if I ever find them, they are with all my right hand gloves and elk calls!

Offline Mint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #94 on: October 17, 2008, 10:34:00 AM »
Just a heads up on traveling with lithium batteries. you are limited to two nonrechargeable lithium batteries and you must have them in the flashlight in your carryon only.
The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.

Samuel Adams

NYB Life Member
NRA Life Member

Offline countrygirl

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Charter Member
« Reply #95 on: October 17, 2008, 08:10:00 PM »
I have been meaning to order one of these...thanks for the reminder.  I just placed the order!
"Gator n 'Dilla Killah"

Offline Hattrick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #96 on: October 18, 2008, 06:27:00 PM »
i ordered 3 today can`t wait!
Bull

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #97 on: October 18, 2008, 08:28:00 PM »
Man - this really pumps me up - sounds and looks like a REAL flashlight - finally. On top of that, a lot of folks whose opinions I have come to respect on here and other forums (not just the "in-famous" folks either - LOL) are saying great things about it. I can see I gotta start looking for pennies and aluminum cans, or something and order me one. (I have a Mini-Mag headband - always used one going in and out - will that hold it or is it a tad smaller?)

I got sucked into one of those curssed Carnivore lights false video about three years back, put out by a fine knife co, who should have stuck with knives. Some of you may recall how I blasted them (Gerber) for that fiasco on here and other forums - and some folks joined me. That venerable knife company could not have cared less, and as far as I know never offered any redress or (real) apologies to anyone. I still have and do not use the worthless thing. Last year a (active Duty Marine friend - Semper Fi) got me a Shure Fire light and while it is a pretty good light (and I appreciated it), it does have it's (time) drawbacks, and I wasn't quite as impressed with it as I recall being when they first came out (and I couldn't afford them). It could be a "lesser" model, or it could be these ol' eyes are getting worse - LOL - BUT THIS video is impressive and obviously not rigged, that I can discerne. I'm impressed.

Gotta have one!

Course so far this year I haven't even seen a Deer yet during shooting hours (just coming and going from/to hunting - LOL)and not getting out as much anymore, let alone needed to track one - But gotta have one anyway - just because it has gotta be the best REAL hunter's light yet - I'm convinced, and haven't even seen it (face to face) yet - (like the Deer - LOL).

Good job Wensels and Brothers  of the Bow (you too Biggie, for starting the thread).

Expect one more order as soon as my ship comes in - LOL. BTW, Thank you to everyone else also for all the good comments, observations, and questions.
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©