3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: steel force traditional broadheads  (Read 392 times)

Offline wvbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
steel force traditional broadheads
« on: August 06, 2008, 09:04:00 PM »
anybody tried them? stay shap clean pass throughs? im looking for a good to 2-blade head for my 45# recurve needing something in the 150 grain range for my arrow wieght to be rite
thanks
Rambo of the woods if its brown its down.
Fred bear Grizzly 45# @28

Offline Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: steel force traditional broadheads
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 10:23:00 PM »
Never used them, but hear some good things about them.
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline bailebr3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 11:15:00 PM »
never used the glue ons..but i use the screw on heads exclusively! sharp and tough heads!! still got one in the quiver that passed thru a small 55# hog. went in at its neck and exited the opp. side cheek bone. whole arrow didnt pass thru but the head did. it just got resharpened and put on a new arrow. :)
BRANDON B.
Hoyt Gamemaster II 52# @ 26"
Bear Kodiak Magnum 50# @ 26"

Offline DesertDude

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 11:10:00 AM »
I'm looking at the 125gr Phat Head 4bld.  For some reason it has caught my eye......
DesertDude >>>----->

US Navy (Retired)
1978-1998

Offline bloodyarrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 11:36:00 AM »
Just finshed sharping all my 125g heads ready for colorado. Yeh they are excellent heads, I've taken hogs, deer, and now going for elk with them.
They hold there edge very good
Hunting The Way of My Ancestors
(The Traditional Way)

Eddie

Offline PA stickbow boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 12:23:00 PM »
I shot a buck w/ a 2 blade steelforce 125 grains a few years back.  seemed to work good. didn't get a pass through but that may be because I hit the opposite shoulder blade.  I liked them and they were sharp out of the package. I'm still trying to get a deer w/ the 125 grain magnus stingers to see how they compare. I like sharp head out of the box b/c I'm not good at sharpening them myself.
Keep the sun at your back and the wind in your face.

Offline sswv

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 01:40:00 PM »
I use the Steelforce 125 grain screw-in 2-blade with bleeders in my longbow and really like the results. They fly great with my set-up. Got a complete pass thru last fall with'em and I shoot 46#s. The other thing I like about them is....they are RAZOR sharp right out of the package.

Offline carphunter100

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2008, 01:58:00 PM »
I have shot several deer with them. They do fly good and take little if any work to get them to fly just put them on and they fly. Deer leave a good blood trail. But I have NEVER got them out of the pack razor sharp. I have always had to sharpen them. They are sharper than most out of the pack but you can get them hair popin sharp. Try-em You will like them.
Member WV Bowhunters Associaion Life member of Trad. Bowhunters of Southern WV

Offline wvbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2008, 09:38:00 PM »
thanks guys i think im gonna give them a try and they seemed to be priced pretty resonable compared to others like magnus and so on..
Rambo of the woods if its brown its down.
Fred bear Grizzly 45# @28

Offline WildmanSC

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2008, 04:11:00 PM »
The Traditional head specifically asked about is a 145 gr LW, screw in or glue on, single edge broadhead.  I'm hoping to get the screw in heads, if I can find someone that carries them!!

Bill
TGMM Family of the Bow

-----------------------------------
Groves Flame Recurve 62", 45#@28"

Praise the Lord Jesus Christ, He is Worthy

Offline Clint B.

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2008, 09:58:00 PM »

Offline Mojostick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2008, 10:20:00 PM »
I got the brand new ones about 3 weeks ago directly from Steelforce and I've used them. Not sharp at all and very difficult to get sharp.
I had the 200gr and 300gr. Those are not listed on their website yet, but they make them.
I called Steelforce and gave them my report. They were aware of poor performance from a few other stories and stopped shipping the single bevel.
In fact, Steelforce is going to stop with the single bevel on the Traditional head completely and the new "regular" double bevel 3:1 Traditional heads should be shipping shortly. Maybe next week or so, hopefully.

Once they make them with the normal Steelforce double edge, they will be a great head!

They do fly great. Like a big field tip.

The folks at Steelforce are top notch! They were very truthful and open and also open to suggestions. They want to make great heads and they do. This Traditional head will be a killer, but there's just a few early glithes with the single bevel.
Personally, I think the new peaked interest in the single bevel fad is just that, a fad. I got sucked into and will never shoot another one at a live animal, unless I was drawing 70lbs plus.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©